View Single Post

April 28th, 2008, 13:48
Originally Posted by lghartveit View Post
Currently its mostly progressive metal (Dream Theater, Symphony X, Fates Warning,…), with a healthy dose of 60-70's psychedelia and eurorock: Early Pink Floyd, Steve Hillage, Can, Holger Czukay. Actually also some Porcupine Tree, although they are a bit younger.

And Kate Bush.
Personally, I've grown to love her last double-album, "Aerial". I just love how rather" silent" and "quiet" it is … It's difficult to describe … It's a bit like "smooth music" to me.
Except the ending of the last song of course, which always leaves me quite disturbed.

Generally, I prefer progressive rock / art rock.

The last days I'bve been digging out and listening Tony Banks' (of Genesis) last album several times again: "Seven". It's fully made with an orchestra, ans "easy listening". Imho.

My most favourite music genre is still the so-called "classic rock", though, rock music with (an) orchestra.
Of which imho the album "We know what we like" is the best example - the London Symphony Orchestra plays works of Genesis.
http://www.amazon.com/We-Know-What-L…/dp/B000003EUJ

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR