View Single Post

May 6th, 2008, 15:40
Originally Posted by V7 View Post
Curious about these books, I picked up one a few years ago and (rare for me) couldn't finish it - did I just get a low point? Whats the attraction?
I must admit that the first novel is little bit slow on the pace. But it changes around last 100-200 pages. Though I must say that I read Gardens of Moon twice. Second time, when I already knew how the story will progress in following books, was much better. So the thing is its hard to get into the series beacuse of the vast informations about the characters, plot and especially lore(which consists of tremendous amount of info) you must absorb. And definitly you wont understand everything what happens in books if you limit yourself only to one read. Its just impossible to gather all of the pieces, all the small details.

But I can assure you that once you get into the books you wont free yourself easily. Though I know it may sound a bit of like work, this "remembering all the details", it comes naturaly. And Erikson is unbeatable master in writing endings.

nessosin

Watchdog