View Single Post

May 8th, 2008, 13:31
I don't know how hard the "middle" or "medium§" difficulty is. I honestly don't. Because I didn't design the game.

Z was almost unbeatable. Today, I couldn't (tried once), but back then, i could, somehow. Still don't remember how.

I usually play at the "middle" or "medium" difficulty. I want some kind of challenge, but I also would like to "enjoy" the game.

My very personal, Golden Rule is this: If a game appears to rather be work than [/i] play[/i], then it isn't a game for me anymore.

I personally also believe that one of the many problems here lies with the developers and their seemingly great, great difficulties to anticipate the player's behaviour.

An additional point is, that they do know the game far, much better, than *any* customer (read: gamer) ever could … Because they designed it. So, they are used to the in-game difficulty …
Like in Z.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR