View Single Post

May 11th, 2008, 13:24
Originally Posted by Stormwaltz View Post
There were several threads on our ME-PC forum from servicemen who were in or tranferring to Iraq, and wanted to play ME on laptops. I reposted those to one of our internal mailing lists, which may be why it was specifically cited in the press release.

Personally, I feel that when someone runs the risk of being killed or maimed every day, punishing them for having unreliable net access is contemptible. That's just my opinion, of course.

Call me a cynic, but I'm sure the "men in uniform" have been screwed over by other web-based aunthentication in the past - why would this be any different? I'll tell you why: because there was a huge outcry from *everyone*. That's why they buckled. The above post-hoc justification smacks of a oppunistic PR. The fact remains, though, that they have not gone far enough. All I want is the ability to install a game that I purchased whenever and wherever I choose. I do not think that is unreasonable. I suppose I'll have to resort to cracking the game, as friends have already suggested. Oh ho!, it's a pirate's life for me. (since, no doubt, software companies view cracking a purchased game as illegal and "piratical" too)

booboo

Keeper of the Watch