View Single Post

October 18th, 2006, 01:48
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Comments should open in a new window.
Hm, I'm not sure about that. I actually prefer it the way it is. Only links to external sites should open in a new window, in my opinion. But I've added it to the List anyway. By the way, middle-click opens a new window in Opera or Firefox I believe.

Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
I've already posted twice, yet my post count has remained zero
EDIT: According to the counter, I've got a single post now that I've posted thrice. Does this mean that the first two posts are like warm-up posts only?
Yep.
Heh, no, the counter was disabled for news comments. Is back up again.

And another snag: I can't select/upload an avatar. The only option I have is not to use an avatar, which is permanently checked
Fixed. Avatars can be uploaded or linked to, not animated, 80x80.

Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
User names are a little hard to read with the dark "skin" unless you mouse-over them. Maybe they should be a little brighter blue by default(?)
Mm.. yea, maybe. It's the default link color. I'll put it on the list.

Oh, and smilies are obviously not optimized. If you use the dark skin, they have a pretty visible, ugly border around them. Looks like they aren't transparent GIFs.
Aye, they are still the default smilies shipped with vBulletin. I plan on changing all of them in the future, especially the forum icons.

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Comments should open in a new window.
Hm, I'm not sure about that. I actually prefer it the way it is. Only links to external sites should open in a new window, in my opinion. But I've added it to the List anyway. By the way, middle-click opens a new window in Opera or Firefox I believe.

I've already posted twice, yet my post count has remained zero
EDIT: According to the counter, I've got a single post now that I've posted thrice. Does this mean that the first two posts are like warm-up posts only?
Yep.
Heh, no, the counter was disabled for news comments. Is back up again.

And another snag: I can't select/upload an avatar. The only option I have is not to use an avatar, which is permanently checked
Fixed. Avatars can be uploaded or linked to, not animated, 80x80.

User names are a little hard to read with the dark "skin" unless you mouse-over them. Maybe they should be a little brighter blue by default(?)
Mm.. yea, maybe. It's the default link color. I'll put it on the list.

Oh, and smilies are obviously not optimized. If you use the dark skin, they have a pretty visible, ugly border around them. Looks like they aren't transparent GIFs.
Aye, they are still the default smilies shipped with vBulletin. I plan on changing all of them in the future, especially the forum icons.

Okay, more woes from me, sorry
Woes are welcome, woes can be healed.
Would it be possible to have the colour scheme selected and set for the forums (i.e. amber/dark in my case) on the main news page as well?
Unfortunately, no. The blue theme is standard for "RPGWatch", the amber theme is standard for "MMOWatch". Being able to select them on the forums is a special feature, so to speak, because the forums aren't integrated into the main site.

Also, it seems to me that whenever I switch to User CP or Forums, the icon and text on the top left change to MMORPG watch, even though I start out from RPG watch.
Yes, that's due to the color being linked to the site, except for the forums. Although what you describe could be taken as a bug.. I'll add it to the list, low priority.
Last edited by Arhu; October 18th, 2006 at 01:54.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team