View Single Post

November 15th, 2006, 17:09
Farmers of Hate finally ships! Turn-based combat still lives, even with massive system-slowing modern graphics.
Life is good ; )
Everybody has issues with the big game developers—and rightfully so—but I have to admit that Ubi has done a pretty good job of resurrecting a dead franchise.

First, they picked Nival to do the game, about the only devs doing turn-based strat games not in the war genre. Then they patched HOMMV four times since its release a few months ago, each time adding a few fan-based requests. And now this crazy concept of an expansion that actually expands the game-with:
"A new faction, the dwarves
15 new missions, new heroes, and improved cut-scenes(Thank god for that—those cutscenes were embarassing)
new spells and abilities, 5 new single-player maps, 10 new multiplayer maps, new buildings, new artifacts, and new neutral creatures, …
New features, such as Caravans and a random map generator,(fan requested-I should proably say fan demanded) …"etc,etc, etc

Too bad its such a system hog, but I guess that's something you have to resign yourself to these days.

I know there probably will be a lot of issues that disappoint the hardcore—there always are-but at least somebody is giving us the game back.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team