View Single Post

May 25th, 2008, 13:35
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Edit: I've got a question that has been bugging me for awhile maybe someone who's smarter than me can answer it. Why don't these pubs/devs create CRPG's that are less expensive to make?
Yes, that's a thing that always puzzles me as well.

I think it's kind of a wheel in motion: One bringts out an even better AAA game - so the measure has been place much highter.

This is like what we call in German "Wettrüsten" : Everyone tries to be on top of the other one with even better things, further on, further on.

I think that's an vicious circle. At one point, EVERYTHING will break up / down from this, because no-one is able anymore to make *such* increadibly high-end games that at the same time deliver atz least *some* profits - simply because the costs have risen too high.

Except of course the Mega-companies like EA, who will dominate this high-end market, then (the Rolls Royce of games).

I believe that the increase of so-called "casual games" is the first step away from this vicious circle, but the "big ones" aren't aware of this - or in other words: aren't aware that this concept of smaller, less cost-intewnsive "casual games" could be applied to AAA games as well.

I wonder when the first one will make BBB titles - and voice this out clearly !

(And besides, no-one makes AA or even A titles - only AAA. So, where's AAAA ?)

Edit: Someone ( I think it was the German Werner 'Tiki' Küttenmacher - once wrote: "… And the people will always buy newer, better hardware - until they won't do it anymore."

I think that's it: People will most probably become fed up with it at one point in the future.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR