View Single Post

June 5th, 2008, 18:11
A few days ago I had a rather weird thought:

What if a game is SO MUCH specialized that it is dorected towards an extremely small group of lovers of this very specialized genre who are willing to buy it just out of some sort of pride that a game "for them" was made at all ?

I don't know whether I could make clear what I meant.
It's basically that very, very specialized groups (of lovers of a very special gaming genre) might perhaps live some sort of pride for their games so that they'll definitively BUY it, not pirate it, just because the developer is or might be the ONLY one supporting it …

Pirating is imho done by the masses. I mean by people with the taste of masses. I don't uite think that pirates would put so much effort into cracking a game that's so extremely specialized that let's say only 100 gamers would play it. As an example.

So, in this weird concept / thought I had, a game would sell the more, the rather it is specialized.

Because pirates wouldn't be interested in it, in this thought-concept.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR