View Single Post

June 7th, 2008, 10:53
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
just that there's a much stronger correlation between the complainers and pirates than between complainers and non-pirates.
Politely put this way I think it is right.

I'm no pirate at all; I don't even need to, I see no sense in it, consiodering the low prices of games I find in "budget zones" and in second-hand shops and flea markets.

I don't need to pirate, because the prices of budget versions are fairly low. All I need is patience.

But what bugs me is that I must alkways have a CD in the drive while playing. Or a DVD. Which means that I would have to have 10+ drives in my PC considering the amount of games I have currently installed.

But I can only play one at a time, because I have only ONE CD-ROM drive and since the beginning of this month ONE DVD drive.

So, I feel kind of limited.

But I think I'll take the code-wheel out of my Ankh box and play it without the CD, then. Plus, NWN1 with the latest patch doesn't need the CD either.

*sigh* Those where the times when I couzld play Commander Keen freely … I still have it installed … But even then, pirating was an issue …

I sttill have a disquette of an Blues Brothers Jump & Run game somewhere which also had a copy protection. You couldn't play the game without the disj in the drive.

Some things never change.

Oh, and I just had an inspiration: Maybe DRM is a bit like the key you need in order to drive your car ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR