View Single Post

June 7th, 2008, 23:45
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
… On the other hand I have the problem that a digital version of a game is far two insecure for me, in two points :

- If the harddisk crashes, then the game is gone. Am I allowed to make a copy of it ? Most certainly not.
I don't know of any digital download scheme that doesn't allow backups. Steam, Metaboli etc. all allow backups. Which is not usually the case for physical media versions.

In general, I fear that downloaded games are more easily lost than non-downloaded versions. I prefer something physical - disks.
I'm getting confused now You want something physical.. but you don't want to ever use that physical thing in your computer?

- I don't buy online, because I don't use credit cards or other online payment methods. Too insecure for my taste.

You might call this paranoia, I don't care. Maybe I've read too many security reports in the last years.
*shrugs* I'd urge you to petition your government representative to suggest some better protections for you then. Fraud does happen, but if your country has the right protections it won't cost you, the consumer, a penny.

kalniel

SasqWatch