Thread: MM7 Probs
View Single Post

June 9th, 2008, 20:27
From the google:

Solution 1

So, I completely forgot about this thread and since it's been raised from the dead I may as well mention there are now patches available to run Might and Magic 6-8 on Windows XP and maybe even Vista. Visit Telp's Tavern and search for Mok's patch:

http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/mm7tavern.html
Solution 2

when you install then run the game in win95 compatability before you run the game right click on it again and then click (run as) un tick (protect my computer and data from unautherized activity) then click (the following user)
select the user you are useing and enter password if required this was missed out from your earlier attempt to play the game in compatibilty mode
this way will work with any game that has trouble loading in xp whilst being a win95 game

but make sure you dont forget to install the game in compatability by opening the cd right clicking on setup and ticking compatability mode for win95
and also ticking compatability mode for win 95 on your shortcut you run the game from first…

this is tryed and tested be me on Red Alert 2 and Might n Magic 7 and MM6 so far
Use the win95 compatibility mode or find the windows xp patch.

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste