View Single Post

June 14th, 2008, 13:27
Originally Posted by narpet View Post
I'm hoping the fact that the game is being developed in Germany will result in a more hardcore RPG type game.
We had quite some discussions about this matter in the official forums.

The current out-look is this that - as Avantenor already wrote - it IS designed to reach "Joe Console-Player". I even read that Drakensang WILL be ported one day towards xbox & playstation 3 …

So, you'd better don't keep hopes p for a game like the ROA-series. There's no Micromanagement. There's no hardcore thing in it at all.

All in all it's just a "streamlined", good "middlecore-RPG" game aimed to please a greatest possible audience.

I'd say that you'd better let your hopes for any "hardcore RPG" go. No-one does this thing anymore. Because they feel that "hardcore games" would exclude too much potential customers.

It's like reading LOTR : Too much, too big, too complicated … People wand easy stuff …

*sigh* *sigh* *sigh*

Edit : New screens at www.Gamestar.de :
http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc/rolle…rakensang.html

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR