View Single Post

June 22nd, 2008, 14:49
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Isn't this also the case with winxp ?

Oh, I forgot, their actuvations are not limited - but they are there …

One could argure therefore that "the industry" is nothing but following MS's example … Kind of erecting sort of an "industry standard" …

A "standard" erected by sheer size & power …
Yes, this is also the case with win xp.

However, you have 5 activation on your win xp OS before you need to call your loacal MS guy to asks for more activations. And noone has ever been denied another OS activation - not that I'm aware off anyway.
That is the problem here, I find. EA (and Bioware) will grant activations to users on a case-by-case basis instead of just going the 2K way and grant all that asks for a more activations these activations.

If you change more than 5 or 6 hardware components in your computer, you will need to activate your OS again. However, neither Bioware nor EA will tell us what will use up an activation, simply beacuse they don''t know. It seems that even Securom is keeping these things from the devs. and the publishers. This is simply not good enough as well as it could be bordering on something illegal - at least in the EU.

Now, if you just could get confirmation that chaning 5-6 hardware components will use up an activation, we might be getting somewhere. Or a change of motherboard etc. does - that would be great.

PS: What is a hardware hash anyway?

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor