View Single Post

June 26th, 2008, 22:11
The hardest problem I have with replaying games is that while I love the idea of having a new experience, I tend to form emotional attachments to the NPC's in my party (assuming it's a party based game). I'm replaying BG2 right now, and though I'm trying to get a different experience (grabbed a thief from TDD mod as well as added Keldorn), I've ended up keeping Minsc, Jaheria and Arie in my party again. I might dump Minsc, he's a great tank, but my Cleric/Ranger is so buffed that I don't really have to have him if I can replace him with a decent fighter.

Then there is Jaheria and Arie. The one time I've played all the way through ToB (finished SoA several times), my love interest was Arie, so I know how that turned out. I decided I'd keep Jaheria in and romance her this time, but I just can't get myself to kick Arie out. She reminds me a bit of an ex-gf and I just can't do it! Thought I might kick Jaheria out, but after having her in every one of my other play throughs of all three part, it just doesn't feel right!

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

Resident Redneck Facist