View Single Post

July 2nd, 2008, 11:52
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
As mmogs I meant the top-mmos ala ultima online=>everquest=>world of warcraft. New mmos have more of a story yes but they are more like backstage mmos when compared to wow (allthough I do have LOTRO on my playlist just like HL). And wows story is just non-existant - I had som fun with HL storymissions after enjoying 30 lvls of wows quests.
Top MMOs like UO and EQ?

I think you're a bit behind the times, to be honest.

Even WoW had a vastly more involving story aspect than HGL - though I don't think it's a wholesome story experience. But I can think of several quests offhand that satisfies the story lover in me a lot more than anything in HGL. The entire area of Duskwood would be a good example, with a lot of cool background lore.

But pretty much all current day MMOs, like Guild Wars, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, LOTRO, EverQuest 2, and so on - are all much more evolved in terms of storytelling than Hellgate.

Naturally, that's just what I think, and remember that I'm only talking about those games in comparison with HGL. In comparison with strong singleplayer stories, ala Baldur's Gate 2, Planescape, Witcher, and so on - no MMO has achieved anything close to those games in terms of interesting and cohesive storylines.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential