View Single Post

July 8th, 2008, 16:20
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
I find the idea that somebody who still had hopes for a game but suddenly lost it all because it has no Steal funny, as if that would be a deciding factor of when a game is fun.
Yet it can be so.
First, I always play a thief archetype in all RPGs if possible and removing such possibility seriously lowers the chances I can like the game.

This is personal, but there's another thing. The absence of Steal and notes that Repair is for repairing armor and weapons inevitably drives me to conclusion that "multiple quest solutions" fall into Bioware-like 4 options: kill everyone, sneak and kill few, talk youur way as a bad or as a good guy. Lots of people out there(on the Codex, for example) despise Bioware for such simplicity. I'm not that radical and still love their games because they are great storytellers and it's fun following the plot even if the twists are often predictable. Bethesda, on the other hand, has proven to be terrible storytellers.

That being said, some people point out that pickpocket is combined with sneak. That just makes my despair useless
Last edited by drum; July 8th, 2008 at 16:33.

drum

Watcher