View Single Post

July 9th, 2008, 13:38
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
OTOH I can see that it's just not possible to make a (major) game that lets you kill children — especially with loving first-person gory detail. Just remember the flap over the PG-rated sex scene in Mass Effect, and imagine the field day video-game haters would have.
Just what I was thinking - with today's extensive media coverage of major titles, minor gameplay elements get quickly blown out of proportion. We all know that Mass Effect is a filthy sex game, obviously FO3 would be labeled a sick child murdering game for psychopaths.

I agree with the sentiment that when they are unkillable, there's no incentive to try and keep them alive (since they are immortal anyway). And in that case, if children are such an element that prohibits suspension of disbelief, the developers could just as well leave kids out of the game or show them only in cutscenes or so where it makes no difference.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team