View Single Post

July 14th, 2008, 10:54
Replayed both Diablo and Diablo2 after the annoucement of Diablo3. I have to agree also the potion hoarding got tiresome.

Dying with a full 4-row belt of potions and placing them all back in the belt again was a chore I could have lived without. That's the kind of micromanagement that could be substituted with some other form of gameplay be it health globes or something totally new.
On the side of potions, they still exist, but they're likely to be on a cooldown of some type. They'll also likely restore health based on a percentage that's relative to your character. They may heal an instant amount, they may be the old over time type system. They're probably going to be filling an emergency-heal role more than anything though.
I don't see the health globes ruining the game, since I guess players will find themselves once again sipping potions in boss battles / on harder difficulties. It doesn't sound like there's practically much difference between touching a health globe or just picking a potion from the ground and drinking it.

Surlent

On ghost mode