View Single Post

July 16th, 2008, 04:33
I'm reading a collection of 1954 SciFi short stories. I've had the book for a long time (it was published in 1986), but finally got around to reading it. As is typical of me trying new authors or new series, I resisted it at first, but finally made myself get into it. I'm loving it! Some of the language is outdated, but it's a great insight in a lot of the paranoia of the mid 50's.

ON a note to Jaz's Bible reading, I've been meaning to re-read it. Through out my upbringing, I've probably read 90% of it, but not in any cover to cover method. My biggest issue is that I can't stand trying to read for long periods the small type and that transparent paper! Stupid reason I know, but it makes it hard to read. I'm going to try to find a version that is printed on a more 'normal' book stock with decent sized type.

The sad thing is that I read, very quickly, cover to cover both Lost Scriptures and Lost Christianities by Bart D. Ehrman, and one of the reason I was able to get into them so quick is that they were printed like normal hard backed novels!

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist