View Single Post

July 16th, 2008, 11:19
I'm currently reading Liar's Poker which is about the start of the mortgage department in one of the biggest financial institutions at the time. It's quite interesting especially considering the current situation with the mortgage department in the US. I'd recommend it to anyone who's the least bit interested in finances and/or the history of mortgages.

About the Bible. I don't know what version you read and with what commentary, but depending on which commentary and on which perspective the Bilbe is COMPLETELY different. Reading it from a Chistian point of view, from a Jewish point of view or from an atheist point of view gives you completely different meanings.
From what I've seen, the Jewish point of view tends to go much deeper, from the Talmud, Gmara and Mishna to the different Parshanim. The Christian point of view is deep too, but not at all to the point of how it is studied by orthodox Jews. The atheist point of view is the shallowest of all, seeing it only as a semi-historical book.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio