View Single Post

July 28th, 2008, 14:30
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Hole, not whole, Ragon. ; )

@Gorath: In the stock business, that is called "insider knowledge".
Not really, because the source was publically available at that time. Maybe it still is, I donīt know.

To defend Ragon, I think he's still right insofar that there was no real source one could nail down - and as long as there isn't I at least consider everything a "rumor", no matter how hard you try to fight this word.
Sure. Itīs a matter of standards. You can either say 99.99% are enough or you say I demand 100%. In that case you need a lot of patience.
I personally donīt consider computer games important enough to wait years for verified infos.
Iīm not attacking Ragon. Just harmless fun.

You just can't say "I know it's true and I'm right", because every liar would be able to tell the same.
Not to mention those who just place a "rumor" into the public to gain attention (in the sense of an "attention whore") - a "rumor" which is fake and just made up in order to gain attention to the one who posted it in the first place.
I never lie!

WE ar the original readers, we simply aren't able to distinguish between rumor and truth - what is false and what is right.
Correct. And we as editors arenīt always able (or willing) to tell you everything. Then you have to decide if you want to believe it or not. The easy way would have been right in this case.

The way you put it, Gorath, makes it sound rather self-righteous, because you do as if we were only blind worms who do not know the Divine Truth.

Simply because we know fewer things than you do - which puts you into a position of "information power" or "information might".
No, itīs just harmless but quite enjoyable Schadenfreude. Some of you did look the gift horse in the mouth. And now you have to suffer a little teasing.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team