Thread: BioShock
View Single Post

July 28th, 2008, 16:57
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Huh? It was under 10 hours, and that was only because of the obvious / blatant / pathetic copy&paste of areas to artificially lengthen the game. It would have been under 8 hours otherwise.
Since when is close to 10 hours considered short for a FPS? Most FPS are well under 10 hours, and to be honest, Halo seemed to be a bit longer than that.

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I would never call it a POS, but to me it is the most disappointing thing that Bungie did - I was excited as a multiplatform gamer who loved Marathon on the Mac and was also a PC gamer. I also think that it is absolutely fair to judge the Halo games in the context of games released at the time - in other words, to compare Halo 2 to Half-Life 2 and Far Cry.
I must admit that I don't think I've ever played any of Bungie's other games, I've heard a lot of good things about Marathon. As far as comparing Halo to the games you mentioned, I can't argue about that, even though you must admit that releaseing it on PC years later was obviously not a good idea on the part of Microsoft.

JDR13

SasqWatch