View Single Post

July 31st, 2008, 22:01
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
Yeah I see what you're saying - it might be better to release it with no protection and just pick up the few sales it can from the loyal fans who won't pirate it. Though I've got a feeling those loyal fans will still pick it up even after the delay so I'm not sure how much of a difference in total sales it would make.
Loyal fans aren't even the problem. A buck can only be turned about once, it's now hitting in the middle of Christmas to compete with every other major title out there.

Piracy sure is a major issue, but it's about a simple zero-sum issue. What will make you lose the most copies, piracy or overcrowding? I'd say overcrowding is definitely more dangerous, despite how major an issue piracy can be.

Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
As far as Ossian are concerned I don't think it'll be too hard on them.
This kind of nonsense can have major impacts on developing houses, especially start-up ones. I don't know if Ossian has big overhead, but if they do, they're in trouble. Troika was supposed to float on Arcanum as a flagship, but they never could, and the publisher's incompetence contributed to that.

Brother None

SasqWatch