View Single Post

August 19th, 2008, 14:27
RvR = Realm versus Realm

In this case, it's Order versus Destruction - each having three races/factions. Unlike DAoC, we're not talking actual geographical realms, but rather just two opposing forces fighting over various strategic resources, including control of the two major cities currently implemented.

Order:

Empire
Dwarves
High Elves

—-

Destruction:

Chaos
Greenskins
Dark Elves

It's a concept that can otherwise be defined as structured (clearly defined goals and rules) and team-oriented open world PvP. As far as I know, it's all open in the sense that it won't be instanced, except for the actual keep/city sieges - as in the very end-game. I'm not really sure about that, though, and is probably subject to some changes. I don't think you'll have much luck running around without backup, which is the primary difference between this and traditional open world PvP - where the individual player CAN make a difference in many cases. You get nothing done without a team - in PvP terms - basically.

I'm sure there will be exceptions, but the combat system and pace are such that you can't really do much by yourself, because numbers rule. Gear and invididual player performance/skill will matter less than is traditional- except for the individual skill of working well in a team and having a basic understanding of your class, which will be easy as they're extremely clearly defined.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential