View Single Post

August 19th, 2008, 15:27
RvR = Realm versus Realm

In this case, it's Order versus Destruction - each having three races/factions. Unlike DAoC, we're not talking actual geographical realms, but rather just two opposing forces fighting over various strategic resources, including control of the two major cities currently implemented.

High Elves

Dark Elves

It's a concept that can otherwise be defined as structured (clearly defined goals and rules) and team-oriented open world PvP. As far as I know, it's all open in the sense that it won't be instanced, except for the actual keep/city sieges - as in the very end-game. I'm not really sure about that, though, and is probably subject to some changes. I don't think you'll have much luck running around without backup, which is the primary difference between this and traditional open world PvP - where the individual player CAN make a difference in many cases. You get nothing done without a team - in PvP terms - basically.

I'm sure there will be exceptions, but the combat system and pace are such that you can't really do much by yourself, because numbers rule. Gear and invididual player performance/skill will matter less than is traditional- except for the individual skill of working well in a team and having a basic understanding of your class, which will be easy as they're extremely clearly defined.

Waste of potential
Original Sin 2 Donor