View Single Post

September 23rd, 2008, 20:06
This is probably a bit on the redundant side, but regarding the camera, there is a mod which enables first person view as a part of the OTS.
I always go with 1st person view whenever possible, so I was glad this was made for Witcher too. Iīm in the middle of the chapter 1 in enhanced edition and so far the mod seems to be working well.
Two downsides are:
1) Everytime Geralt enters a new location or save is loaded, heīs looking to the ground, but thatīs no big deal since one mouse move solves it.
2) Fighting in the 1st person view means that you donīt see all the cool moves Geralt does, but the view is easily adjustable by mousewheel, so itīs easy to zoom out whenever combatīs coming. I use it all the time though, since I find the combat to be more immersive that way.

Iīm sure most people wouldnīt use it, but for those interested, hereīs the link to the mod: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9696.0

Installing the mod means dropping one directory into data folder, uninstalling it means just deleting that folder, so trying it out shouldnīt be much of a hassle .

DeepO

deep outside