View Single Post

September 24th, 2008, 07:26
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
When you near the end of chapter 1, fill up on potions, get spectre oil, and save before you leave the cave. I hope this isn't too spoilerish, but this will help you get past the only potentially truly frustrating encounter in the game.
No, that's not too spoilerish. I'll try to remember and do that

Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Edit: Oh yeah, and the in-game music IS great! I especially liked the music at the docks. If you have Irfanview with all its plug-ins, you can play that music back any time.
Yeah, well, the EE box came with the game soundtrack on audio cd and the "Music inspired by the witcher" cd - which I haven't even listened to yet.

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
@ Zakhary: PJ pretty much hit everything you really need to know. One thing I will add is about combat. Remember that in whatever view mode you are in, clicking on an enemy initiates an attack. You can do this extremely far away so try to be paitient with clicking the mouse button. When I was beginning I would click on an enemy 2-3 times before Geralt even got close enough to swing, and it would disrupt his attack rhythm. The one click combo fighting takes a while to get used to, but once I started getting the feel for it it's simply superb. Try fighting in OTS camera mode and resist pausing during combat for an exciting challenge. Some encounters with multiple enemies may require switching to Isometric view though.
The OTS mode felt much better for some reason… Which is kinda strange cause usually I loathe 3rd person.. but in this case it really seems to work.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Zakhary

Noble Savage