View Single Post

September 27th, 2008, 12:08
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Try it yourself, I was surprsied myself, especially against some big bosses. Except the beast in the (second)? chapter, it didn't work for this fight.
And that worked against the ants and the ant queen? I'm sure I could find more sample it would not work but well if you use potions it's probably possible in most fights (but not all, don't fall into exaggeration that weaken your point).

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
That's true nothing makes a game developer more angry. When there is so much potential but they screw it. I do love the other things about TW, this combat just made it so tedious and boring, unlike Zakhary said I think combat matters, especially in a game like TW it is full of combat, and all of these parts are boring.
That's what I do not understand. The Witcher was a special game for you, fights took an important role and you spoil yourself all your pleasure by sticking to a basic fighting style that you find extremely boring.

I agree that there are improvements to do in the fight system. But it's not that difficult to try something less basic and get much more fun fights. I'm currently playing an H&S, Titan Quest, in 99% of fights I could use a same tactics with few variation but there are so many fights that it gets boring so I often change my fight style and tactics just to get more variation and get more fun, not because the game force me to do it.

Now the bad news for you, you spoil yourself a great game just because you didn't try be more imaginative in your gameplay. Something is boring? Then attempt something else. And if the fight system in The Witcher has some hole it has also interesting possibilities and the potential of very good fights, not all games offer that.

Dasale

SasqWatch