View Single Post

October 5th, 2008, 23:16
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
I see your point, Alrik. I have been in the army for the compulsory nine months, though, and must say that you do not hold a pistol very close to your head, either, but pretty much straight away from you. From my experience, while there certainly is a difference between holding a rifle and a pistol, most people are either good with both or neither, even if there are smaller deviations in marksman skill between both weapons.
Then you have much more experience with it than I have.

I have been shooting as a teenager for a few days as kind of a training during the summer vacation time in a what my dictionary calls a "shooting club" with an airgun/air rifle.

I still remember how difficult it was for me to hold this big, long rifle upwards, and to hold it still ! Maybe it was too big for my body, but I learned a lot about holding a long bar like that.

I had great difficulties in holding it still, because I just can't hold a thing *absolutely* still. My hands just don't allow that. I guess my muscle fine-truning isn't good enough for that.

Yet I earned enough shots into the paper marks to be average.

This is the point where I argued from. And I have a very good long-term memory.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR