Deus Ex: Remastered - GamesCom Announcement?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I came across a site called Play Stationing where they have news that we might be getting a Deus Ex: Remastered edition announcement at this years Gamescom.

Deus Ex. Whenever this game is mentioned, someone reinstalls it on to their computer. This is a gamer meme that started out as a bit of a joke, but it’s probably true. The original Deus Ex is often thought of as one of the best games ever made, and still stands out from the rest of the franchise. When the game originally released in June 2000, it had some truly innovative features. It was one of the first few games to mesh the RPG and FPS genre really well, and provided an almost open-world environment for you to explore. The amount of freedom is probably one of the best aspects of the game, because you could do almost everything you could think of. See a robot and think you might be able to hack it? You probably can. It was this freedom that made the game so good, despite the main character, JC Denton, looking like he had his head placed in a trash compacter.
I'm not getting my hopes up, and it might also be the next game in the series.

More information.

Last edited:
Interesting thought, but most likely just wishful thinking.

It has been a few years since Deus EX: HR was released. Far more likely at this point is a brand new game as a follow-up, since I know there's been rumored that one is in the works and near announcement.

I'd love to see Deus Ex remade with a modern graphics engine, but I agree that it's probably just wishful thinking - especially since Square-Enix owns the rights to the franchise.

Would be cool - but I doubt it'll happen. It's still quite playable and works well enough with the recent mods - so it's not particularly relevant either.

System Shock would be a much better fit :)

Personally, I would rather see a follow-up to the very good game DX:HR, than a remake of the great-game-for-its-time (and good game now) DX.

Back
Top Bottom