Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - Patch # 6 and on Steam

aries100

SasqWatch
Overhaul's Enhanced Edition of this game has been updated with patch # 6.
A few notes from the changelog, you can view the full changelog here.
<strong class="glow">Features[/b]
Black Lily purchases stolen goodsUI improvements<strong class="glow">[/b]
Damage notifications change colour depending on type of damage done
Option to turn off coloured player circles (enables original green circles)
Added roll total to ability screen when creating a new character
Elven Chain Mail now obtainable
Yeslick may rejoin the party in Jopalin's Taver
Bug Fixes
Resolved random respawns occurring too often
Stat modifications for unidentified items now appear
Issue with Baeloth not returning solved (Black Pits)
Bounty Hunter class gains proper skill points
Eldoth and Skie removing and joining problem solved
Fixed issue with certain spell portrait icons not being removed
Officer Vai will only purchase bandit scalps
Apparantly, the game downloads the patches itself - according to this site:
The installer has a button that downloads the latest patch for you automatically. So does the client. Good luck to download Baldur's Gate ee patches!
In other BG: Enhanced Edition news, BG: EE now appears on Steam.
More information.

Although I'm disgusted with this remake/reboot game edition, it's obviously not all black.
These guys are showing Bethesda what they should do with Skyrim. Patch, patch and patch. And no DLC prior to patch.
Respect!

Now I'm really thinking to support them and buy the smartphones game after all.

Can't complain about their level of support so far with lots of quick patches.
Probably wouldn't have bought it myself but got it as a Christmas gift so by the time I'm ready to give it a go it should be nicely patched.

Will grab this when there's a steam sale. Already have the originals so $19.99 isn't worth it for me but will end up getting it for the new content when its on sale.

BG:EE on iPad

I LOVE being able to play BG on the go. Tomorrow I am taking a 9 hour bus ride to Italy for a ski trip and I just got to Peldvale. I have my entertainment all lined up for the trip.

Although I'm disgusted with this remake/reboot game edition, it's obviously not all black.
These guys are showing Bethesda what they should do with Skyrim. Patch, patch and patch. And no DLC prior to patch.
Respect!

Now I'm really thinking to support them and buy the smartphones game after all.

There's patching and patching. You can let a bug happen and forbid it from expressing. Or you can eradicate it.

My guess is that Bethesda, that have to plan for the future and such, accumulate how to do knowledge, goes for the second.

Due to the steam release I was about to buy it but I do not believe 18,99€ is a reasonable price considering it's age and that I already own the original.

It would be somewhat odd for a store to sell both the regular and enhanced edition.

I'm glad they are patching it, but still baffled at the number of bugs that was in it at release, and still exist. My journal is a mess with quests still showing that I've completed.

I'm glad they are patching it, but still baffled at the number of bugs that was in it at release, and still exist. My journal is a mess with quests still showing that I've completed.

The original game also had a jumble of a journal, some (all?) bugs there might be related to BG1. It improved vastly in BG2.

I hope they don't mess too much with the journal in BG2, as it actually works.

Probably the result of the extensive code re-write they supposedly performed. Hopefully that means BG2 EE won't be as buggy.

I have had the weird journal entries thing, but I don't remember how it really was in the original. I'm now approaching the end of the game (though I still need to visit Durlag's Tower). There have been a couple of minor quirks, but overall I've found it to be a little cleaner than I vaguely remember the original to be. And I've got the new Wild Mage in my party, which makes for some interesting encounters (including some game-ending disasters). As a class, more trouble than it's worth, but it makes for a pretty different playthrough.

IIRC in the original, your journal was just that, a journal. As you discovered things, they text popped in. I don't believe that it cleared quests when you finished them, but I could be wrong.

Overall, I'm pleased, just not overly blown away, with the game. The new interface and scaling I really like. I like not having to mod it to get stuff like containers. The new characters seem interesting, though Neera's quest was a bit of a let down.

IIRC in the original, your journal was just that, a journal. As you discovered things, they text popped in. I don't believe that it cleared quests when you finished them, but I could be wrong.

It didn't clear the text. It was a real journal with chronological entries, no quest names and really hard to follow if you didn't remember what you were supposed to do for a quest.

It would be somewhat odd for a store to sell both the regular and enhanced edition.
One stumbling block may be that Atari has put steamworks on it (without using any features of it, what with being an interplay like zombie company) which would preclude GOG. Others do have both versions for sale at the same time though.

I am glad they chose to move to steam. Probably wouldn't have bought anything at their strange site. Not that I will buy the game as I have the original one. But I never played BG2 and I am looking forward to the BG2 Enhanced Edition on steam.

Back
Top Bottom