Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition - New Screenshots, Music Samples, and Wallpapers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
It seems almost like a widescreen mod.... I can't say I like it... I reckon everything is scaled too small. Also, I don't like those enhancements they've made - it seems like they've tried to polish the graphic which ends up giving a feel of too straight and plastic-ie..... I preferred the older art direction. Also don't like those bright colours - way too bright for me.... especially those colour/prismatic spray thing. I gotta admit though, those new areas does seem interesting.... must be related to the new NPCs added (3 in BG:EE + the new one in BG2:EE).

Looks pretty good to me.

Did they release the latest patch that got delayed due to the legal crap for the first game yet?

Waiting for that so I can give the first one a go and then roll right in to this one depending on it's release condition.

It seems almost like a widescreen mod…. I can't say I like it… I reckon everything is scaled too small.

Don't forget about the zoom function. I'm guessing those screens are zoomed out to show more area in the screenshots.

Otherwise, it looks pretty much the same to me. Maybe a little cleaner. The only changes I notice are for spell effects.

Looks pretty good to me.

Did they release the latest patch that got delayed due to the legal crap for the first game yet?
no noting as of yet, which is a bit lame/not fair for them imo

No money for them until they fix the mess they released as BG1 E.E.

I've played BG:EE through twice. Must have missed the mess. Granted there are a few bugs, but it's more than playable.

It seems almost like a widescreen mod…. I can't say I like it… I reckon everything is scaled too small. Also, I don't like those enhancements they've made - it seems like they've tried to polish the graphic which ends up giving a feel of too straight and plastic-ie….. I preferred the older art direction. Also don't like those bright colours - way too bright for me…. especially those colour/prismatic spray thing. I gotta admit though, those new areas does seem interesting…. must be related to the new NPCs added (3 in BG:EE + the new one in BG2:EE).

I wished you hadn't mentioned it Blob, but you are right. In my recollection BG2 had a certain rawness, not quite Icewind Dale's dark, mystical feel, but in someways better.

I've played BG:EE through twice. Must have missed the mess. Granted there are a few bugs, but it's more than playable.[/QUOTE

There wasn't any "mess" when I played, at least with the current patch, a couple of small bugs was all I saw on my start to finish game. Looking forward to Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition based on that.

Looking forward to this. I'll do a replay or two of BG1: EE as well before this is out, so November will be Baldur's Gate month for me.

It's quite sad when a remake of a game I've played dozens of times before is the most exciting thing for months.

Back
Top Bottom