The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

A song I've heard on Vertigo has been growing on me. It finally clicked enough for me to investigate the band. I couldn't find a clip for "Rescue Us", but I think I might actually like this tune better. Me thinks I'll be making a purchase soon.

"Burning Hearts" by My Favorite

Bauhaus - In the Flat Fields

I don't know wether I should like them or not (which kind of implies I don't really like them...), but judgeing from this video they were a pretty good live act...

Übereil

oh man, classic Bauhaus. Youre missing out on some great gothic rock there, you need to get the studio tracks. Trust me, get this compilation cd of their greatest hits, you wont be disappointed after a few listens. Ive been listening to them for 20 years, theyre timeless!

I'm still doing the The Lost Tracks of Danzig, both volumes. While some tracks (such as I See Your Lies) are better off lost, overall I just love these cds. It's a compilation of tracks from all the different eras and band makeups of Danzig.

Alice in Chains: Jar of Flies

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/...2-4451280-8917726?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img

It's a short album, but definitely in my top 5 all time favoirtes. I listen to it every year around the end of October when the leaves all start changing. I don't know how to explain it but the album has always had a sort of magical feeling for me as I'm driving down the road around this time of year.

One word: Riverside :)
Try this band if yo like progressive metal.

Retarded video, but that was pretty much standard back in the day. It's all about the music, dude!
"Whistle Down the Wind" by Nick Heyward

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/...2-4451280-8917726?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img

It's a short album, but definitely in my top 5 all time favoirtes. I listen to it every year around the end of October when the leaves all start changing. I don't know how to explain it but the album has always had a sort of magical feeling for me as I'm driving down the road around this time of year.
Ah, I prefer the Sap EP to Jar of Flies, but I love AiC in general :). Great idea, I'll dust off my albums and EPs and...

I personally would have to say the self-titled Alice In Chains rules, affectionately known as "The Grind Album"... followed by Jar of Flies.... and then it gets foggy since all of their albums are totally awesome. Best grunge band of the 90's imho. I have a lot of fond memories of my teenage years during that time period.

I have a friend who grew up with Jerry Cantrell. I enjoyed most of his solo work although I kept thinking to myself that it would be so much more awesome with Lane Staley's voice..... but I guess he was right - "And we die young."

Didn't have any albums from these guys so I got Music Bank cheaply a few years back - very good stuff.

I had very little interest in the whole grunge scene, but I will admit that AiC was one of the few that could write a good song.

For me:
"Golden" by The FLIR

@ Sammy: Yep, I have that one as well. River of Deceit is a great song and although it's missing the rest of the band, as far as I'm concerned fits right in line with the rest of AIC's work during the Jar of Flies/Sap years.
Got Invisible Circles yet? I'm anxious to hear what you think.

FYI: If anyone buys music on ebay (or want to) I found a good dealer in metal music. "wwpins" is the name of the seller. I've bought 3 albums from him so far and had good success. - good deals and quick shipping. Lots to choose from too.

Distractions by Roy Hargrove ... I dunno, not all that great. I had liked a bunch of his earlier stuff and this sounded good on the 30-second previews, but is pretty average on whole.

I've been listening to Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and The Dresden Dolls to get me through my workload at the moment... they dull the pain.

@ Sammy:
Got Invisible Circles yet? I'm anxious to hear what you think.

FYI: If anyone buys music on ebay (or want to) I found a good dealer in metal music. "wwpins" is the name of the seller. I've bought 3 albums from him so far and had good success. - good deals and quick shipping. Lots to choose from too.

Listening to it right now for the first time actually, sounds like the usual unbelievable symphonic metal powerhouse that one can expect when listening to AF. I know I'm listening to something special when I crank this band up!

Check out Epica if you get the chance, theyre comparable, it's one of the founding members of After Forever (Floor's brother) band. It's like they and After Forever have been dueling, trying to outdo each other since the split, and the result is two bands who push it to the max!

On another note: I can second that statement when it comes to wwpins, he's pretty awesome as a seller, Ive used him several times (including this Invisible Circles purchase) and he hasnt let me down. He's cheap too!

listening to two comps i recently got. one a bedazzled comp with a bunch of great bands and the other a comp with an "an april march" track on it. maybe the seller was you dte or a friend, as their can't be too many people in indiana who like shoegaze can their be? got both for under 15 total with shipping. in contrast there were suprising two more impatiens albums up for sale in the past week; i lost both!

i'll post a track when i get a chance.

oh and a bit late in the thread but have you guys heard bauhaus's most 'famous' cut - bela lugosi is dead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2RXSboWMs

my s.o. owns one or two of their cd's and saw them at coachella 2 years ago. i can enjoy some of their stuff. one of the many cases that i dig the music but not the singer/lyrics--most prominent example of that for me would be the red hot chilli peppers...bad karoke is less grating to my ears than anthony kedas

Last edited:
Wasn't me, CU. I've got a box-load of stuff to be dumped, but I haven't taken the time to set up an ebay sale.

Which comps did you get?

My copies of My Favorite ("The Happiest Days of Our Lives" comp) and Frozen Ghost ("Essentials") came along with my copy of Puzzle Quest. I've been so busy with Puzzle Quest that I haven't given them a fair listen yet. I got thru the Frozen Ghost collection once. I had heard (and have dubs on cassette somewhere) their first two cds and liked those. Too bad the collection has so many tracks from their 3rd and final cd, which isn't nearly as good. Shoulda ditched most of those and picked a few more tracks off the first couple cds.

Back
Top Bottom