Indie Roundup - Egoboo, Monsters Den

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A couple of readers have written in with indie/roguelikes that aren't in our database, so I'll post both of them here.
First, getter77 writes that after many years of development Egoboo has a new stable milestone. I have no idea what the name means and the official site is scant, so here's the only description I can find:
Egoboo is an open source, cross-platform computer game. It's a three-dimensional dungeon crawling adventure that borrows a lot of elements from the roguelike genre. Egoboo is still under development, but it is fully playable.
...and Mike points out a Flash game called Monster's Den: The Book of Dread. A quick play reveals a party-based turn-based Flash dungeon-crawler, which might be worth a play during those boring work lunch times.
More information.

Playing Monster's Den right now; thanks. Great little game.

I've done quite a bit of fooling around trying to create a decent fantasy Flash game, but had limited success. These guys have done something really worthwhile though. Definitely worth a look.

Monster's Den is a lot like Fastcrawl, if anyone remembers that one from a few years back. Which means it's fairly fun and a decent way to pass some time.

Back
Top Bottom