Two Worlds II - Royal Edition for NA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Apparently TopWare (not Southpeak, who are handling regular publishing duties) will be releasing a limited Two Worlds II Royal Edition with 5000 copies available on February 4th. The press release is dated January 5th but Blue's only posted it yesterday and we haven't seen it before:
TWO WORLDS II™ ROLLING OUT THE RED CARPET

Two Worlds II Brings the Royal Treatment to North America

Las Vegas, Nevada - January 5, 2011 – TopWare Interactive is bringing a little taste of Royalty to North American fans. With the February 4th launch approaching and over 1.5 million units already sold, Two Worlds II is bringing its highly anticipated “Royal Edition” to North American fans. Managing Director, James Seaman commented, “As an avid collector of limited edition games myself, I’m extremely proud to bring the Royal Editions to fans and collectors alike.”
For the hardcore adventurer, Royal Edition sets are now available for pre-order exclusively at Gamestop and Amazon. However, with only 5000 units available in North America, fans will need to act quickly before these extremely rare collectibles are gone for good.

With goodies such as:

• Bonus DVD (With music tracks, concept art, wallpapers, making-of documentary)
  • Double-Sided poster with World map of Antaloor
  • Special Edition Dragon Queen statuette
  • Unlockable in-game weapons and armor
  • Exclusive art book
  • Two Worlds II Limited Edition Collectables
  • Deck of Two Worlds II Playing Cards
TopWare is extremely proud to bring this phenomenal Royal Edition to North America and is looking forward to an amazing launch.
More information.

•Unlockable in-game weapons and armor

I've never been against the concept of collector's editions of games… the little trinkets and whatnot they provide are fun for those who are big fans of a series.

But in-game content as part of collector's edition kind of bothers me.

And I wonder if such unlockable codes won't be readily available via the internet… which would somewhat diminish the value of the collector's edition, especially for those who shell out the extra money to buy them.

And I wonder if such unlockable codes won't be readily available via the internet… which would somewhat diminish the value of the collector's edition, especially for those who shell out the extra money to buy them.

My thoughts exactly. Those extra weapons and armor will be all over the internet within days of its release.

I've decided, due to numerous comments about the game from people who have already played it, that I'm not going to bother with TWII until it hits the bargain bin. No way would I consider shelling out $80+ for this "Royal Edition".

My thoughts exactly. Those extra weapons and armor will be all over the internet within days of its release.

the only way I can think of where this won't be a problem is if the 'royal edition' is the only version of the game with the data containing the extras... but that would require a different master which I don't see as very cost effective.

But then you don't get the statuette ;)

the only way I can think of where this won't be a problem is if the 'royal edition' is the only version of the game with the data containing the extras… but that would require a different master which I don't see as very cost effective.
Dark Messiah had different master for collector edition. But it seems more like an exception. And the items you got were only good at the beginning. You got much better items later in the game.

I've decided, due to numerous comments about the game from people who have already played it, that I'm not going to bother with TWII until it hits the bargain bin. No way would I consider shelling out $80+ for this "Royal Edition".

Yep, that's my current thinking, too. DKS, though, if there were a NA collector's edition, I may be on that.

Back
Top Bottom