Chaos Chronicles - Hands-Off @ Gamers.de

I keep my fingers crossed for this game - and when they will be available for pre-order on gog.com - that will be an insta-buy for me.

My only problem is that a bunch of my kickstarter games will probably come out at about the same time, and what will happen then?!!!

My only problem is that a bunch of my kickstarter games will probably come out at about the same time, and what will happen then?!!!

Too many games to play!

Can't wait for this one and it has so much promise. Hope it doesn't end up sucking.

Can't wait for this one and it has so much promise. Hope it doesn't end up sucking.

I didn't even know about this game until about two months ago, so it's been a pleasant surprise! I'm looking forward to Chaos Chronicles more than any other game at the moment. It's a classic D&D type of RPG and that's why CC is winning me over the other current RPGs in development. Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, and Shadowrun Returns are the other games I'm interested in.

I've been following the CC blog and it seems like the developers are acutely aware of what people want in a rpg, and know what works and doesn't. It seems like they are making this game for the "hardcore" rpg fans. If they execute on what they been talking about, then I think this is going to be a great game.

One of my most anticipated games of this year. It's kind of flying under the radar hopefully it sneaks up on everyone and becomes a big hit.

So they can streamline a sequel for consoles so we can all hate them.:lol:

Ahh, it's good to be a gamer.

Fortunately, Chaos Chronicles comes much earlier than Wasteland, Eternity, etc.

Those screenshots look really good. Another game to keep my eye on.

Just curious. Are there any old-school yet real-time combat RPGs coming out? I love these isometric RPGs but I would definitely like to see some more with real-time combat (turn-based is cool but I like diversity). Any idea about those types of games?

Just curious. Are there any old-school yet real-time combat RPGs coming out? I love these isometric RPGs but I would definitely like to see some more with real-time combat (turn-based is cool but I like diversity). Any idea about those types of games?

Dragon Age 1&2, Jagged Alliance to name 3

I liked Dragon Age 1 quite a bit, never played 2. Jagged Alliance is one I've never heard of or played. I'll have to look into that. I'm not really looking for another game to play right now since I'm busy with other games, but just curious what options are out there. Thanks.

If you like the look of Chaos Chronicles check out Temple of Elemental Evil. This is the spiritual successor...

Project Eternity will be real time with pause (similar to Baldur's Gate). I prefer such combat over turn based myself, but I'm in the minority around here it seems.

I like both real-time and turn-based, but it does seem that most of these "old school" RPG projects are going with turn-based combat. It's nice to hear that Project Eternity will be real-time with pause, which is probably my favorite type of combat.

Actually games like BG,ID,KOTOR etc had a sort of hybrid combat system.It was real time but it had a turn-based mechanism.You would do certain things in a certain time(like 1 attack every 2 seconds) and so did your opponents.This means that your own skill is not necessary ,apart from some good timing in certain battles,like in action games.it's all a matter of tactics.

Back
Top Bottom