The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Alrik, the curved blade is probably a Scimitar. Which in the hands of an elf is the second best weapon, tied with Elf/Drow Rapier and Dwarf DA. It falls to third (again tied with the other weapons) without racial enhancements.

Yes ! :) Thanks ! That was the word I was looking for ! :)
There even is a special skill - or was it an enhancement ? - that increased the attack or was it the damage ? if used by an elf.

It is very good, yes, only a little bit slow. The Scimitars I've seen so far had a very slow - what's the word ? - damage per second. The Scimitar just doesn't swing fast enough in the hands of my character for my taste. That's why I'm trying out twohanders as well. They swing out much faster, imho.

But apart from that : My character is always carrying a scimitar with him.

They get both attack and damage enhancements.

Racial Weapons:

Dwarf - All axes, +2 to-hit, +2 damage with one handed axes, +4 damage with two-handed. Martial characters get proficiency in Dwarven War Axe

Elf - Bows, +2 to hit, +2 damage. Longsword and Rapier +2 to hit, +2 damage OR Scimitars +2 to hit, +2 damage and Falchion +2 to hit, +4 damage. Get Longsword, Rapier, and Longbow proficiency for free.

Bow enhancement is by itself, LS and Rapier or Scimitar/Falchion are exclusive of each other.

Drow - Shortswords and rapiers +2 to hit and damage, get Shortsword and rapier proficiency for free.

Wait until you group with a caster or Bard who values haste. TWF (two-weapon) is higher dps, or damage per second, and also rules over effect bonuses (like Smiting or Disruption). THF has less cost, needing 0 feats for nearly 100% effectiveness on single targets, and higher base damage per hit.

Attack-speed wise, TWF is a bit faster due to swinging both weapons. Rangers get, for free, all three TWF feats, so make the best use out of them. It's not that they swing faster, you hit a lot harder with a two hander. Early on, before getting Greater TWF, you're probably better off with a big two handed weapon, as you only get 40% off hand strikes. After you get GTWF, TWF wins hands down. You're getting basically twice the attacks.

Of course, this is single target dps. two-handers get glancing blows, which give them a bit of AoE damage. That's not really worth taking into account unless you have the full THF chain. But glancing blows help push THF into higher total damage, even if they don't do the same level of damage to a single target.

Unless you have an epic Sword of Shadows. That does more damage than anything else in the game. With the right augment slot and an artificer, it'll also break any DR in the game just about. A Paladin will probably not need the artificer.

*edit* ran a Shroud and finally got my Shrapnel. Unfortunately, it was out of the end reward. So I have to wait until Saturday at the soonest. My Axe is now a Lightning I axe at least. Need two more LDS, 3 more large stones, 2 more chains, and 5 more large shrapnels. At 2-3 per run, that will take 5 or 6 runs of the Shroud, optimally.

Last edited:
two-handers get glancing blows, which give them a bit of AoE damage.

I use them to smash more barrels at a time. ;)
My record is now 4 at the same time ! ;)

Need to position correctly for that, of course. ;)

The downside about TWF is the 17 dex requirement (ITWF) and the numerous feats needed to get to the last tier. So THF is usually better for a feat starved toon.

That's why my WF paladin will go with THF. To make TWF even worse feat wise is that you better take a khopesh for best damage and that's an exotic weapon which requires yet another feat.

My WF paladin can use enhancements to boost power attack and with a THF you double the boost. So with a TWF you get +8 from power attack, but with THF you get +16.

My human paladin is using TWF and 2 khopeshes. He's doing excellent damage, including raid bosses. So if you have the feats for it and enough build points to get 17 dex then I think TWF is the way to go. You might have to go with a +2 tome in dex to get a it done on a paladin and have a 34pt build.

Besides, what are "Rune-Stones" for ?

There's lots of different flavors from lots of different quests, Alrik. Which ones do you have?

@team- what we runnin'? I always like to have a general plan in place so we don't lose the first hour of the session asking each other what we're going to run. ;) Sounds like we're not ready to run the TRs, so it seems to me we either do Vale quests as cm recommended or we run Shavarath quests. I wouldn't mind another Harbinger2 run since I could use more materials to upgrade my "trace of madness" items, but I really don't care.

Well, my basic question is first and foremost : What *are* Rune-Stones, anyway ? And how do I use them ?

Besides - there appears to be new discounts in the shops. I don't know if this adventure packs for high levels discount is over yet or not, I just wanted to point it out.
Right now I doubt that I'll be buyiing one of those. I'm still waiting for a pack for earlier levels.
There are other discounts, too - and they appear to give new ones every day this December !

Most of them are used for specific item crafting (not the crafting hall stuff). For instance, in the Sentinels series, you can pick up 3 runes which can be crafted with various items to upgrade them. There are other flavors, though, so again I'd have to know which ones you've got to give you a definite answer. Given the translation complication you've got, items that German DDO calls "rune" for you might be called "crest" in English DDO and that's a completely different sort of item.

Ah, okay, the translation issue again. Good to remind me. In the future I must be careful what to ask for, lol. ;)

I think I'll reseearch it through the Compendium and the Wikis.

Thanks anyway.

Ah, okay, the translation issue again. Good to remind me. In the future I must be careful what to ask for, lol. ;)

I think I'll reseearch it through the Compendium and the Wikis.

Thanks anyway.
It may not be a translation issue, I just can't tell without more info. If you're in game in a little while, we can have you show us what it is and then it will be easy.

Running our 20s or 19 to level up whoever to 20.

Just to get this clear :

- I have a Turbine game account there
- I have a server/character account there
- do I need a third account if I want to post in the forums ?

Besides, this discount doesn't appear anywhere else : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352766
Dunno whether it's valid even today, though.

A few days ago I bought a "bell for opening doors" in the DDO shop, because there was a discount, and I *really* wanted to see what's inside of the chest on the "Necromancer's Doom" Korthos Island quest ;) - but the code for "one minute of time only" didn't work . I received a kind of error message saying that there were not enough points for it ... Wtf ? http://www.ddo.com/en/ddostoresale

Last edited:
What the hell? I thought we were waiting to run the TR's together? I've sat on Phurry for over a week waiting for jm to be ready and for az to get all the Shroud mats he wanted. CM hasn't even TR'd yet. The rest of y'all are already level 2. I must say I'm a little pissed.

I got to level 2 over a week ago before that decision was made (a quick explorer run), but I haven't played that char since. We could always leave a char out of the group if they get ahead!! :)

Peter and I caught up to where Corwin said he was; done with village and a single run of S/E/R in the island. Jo was working on hers earlier.

I have added my brother to the guild, at least his Paladin, CBenoit. He may also bring in RGracie the Ranger as well. CBenoit is half-way through 4, RGracie was almost 4.

What is SER ?

And next task : Finding out with whom I was chatting yesterday … My, so many names … :lol:

Edit : Found it out. Found my guesses to be right.

Back
Top Bottom