Democrat credit access policy is nonsensical [title changed]

If you folks think this forum is mature enough (thread titles prove otherwise, btw) to handle a Politics & Religion board, you should at least make it so the "Forum Watch" section on the front page doesn't post what happens in here. It's spewing all this moronic frothing on people who don't want to take part in your (lack of) intellectual dick wagging about "politics".

If you folks think this forum is mature enough (thread titles prove otherwise, btw) to handle a Politics & Religion board, you should at least make it so the "Forum Watch" section on the front page doesn't post what happens in here. It's spewing all this moronic frothing on people who don't want to take part in your (lack of) intellectual dick wagging about "politics".
Well, I guess you told us, didn't you. I applaud you for complaining about "moronic frothing" and "intellectual dick wagging" in such a frothy and dickly manner. Good on ya!

Indeed. Glad to hear, again, from someone who doesn't come here to do anything other than bitch. And in such a cunty manner, too. Way to go.

Now that is how politics work!
27zgrxd.jpg

As if politicians passed through a membrane from another dimension where people were greedier and more stupid. If you think politicians suck, get involved. I signed a recall petition against Dan Kapanke, and if one is passed around for Scott Walker, I'll sign that too. I pay attention to the issues, and I make sure that I vote at every single election in my neighborhood, not just for THE PRESIDENT!

I hear the "I don't vote, because there's no point to it," about 3 times a day during the election cycle, and it makes me want to waterboard these people.

P.S. I don't want to imply that that's what you were saying exactly. Just saw a point to be made in what you said. Lots of politicians ARE scum, but it's mostly our fault.

But what happens when EVERY SINGLE politician is less than acceptable? I am not an american but i only remember the last 2 elections, Bush versus Kerry and McCain versus Obama, all shit choices.

And i dont know about american politics but in australian politics there is group think atleast in the labor side and cannot do what the rest of the party doesnt want. And on the liberal side there is nothing but ass hats. Seriously Tony Abbot for prime minister? Not that Julia is any better but damn!

Indeed. Glad to hear, again, from someone who doesn't come here to do anything other than bitch. And in such a cunty manner, too. Way to go.
Perhaps, but you don't hear me whining about the other side being meanies, do ya? Deal with the issues and don't sweat the tone. It's a P&R forum- even generally nice people will get their blood pressure up from time to time with these topics, so why go crying to mommy about it? Put on the big boy pants and debate the issues.

DTE I agree with you that the issues should be debated. That's why I also think that starting out a topic with demeaning language is not the way to go.

OTOH, I wouldn't have said anything if no one else had raised the issue as it's not a big deal for me. Neither were Michael's other titles/threads. But it doesn't make sense to start threads with thorny titles if you actually want to debate the issue itself. Wouldn't you agree with that ?

Definitely much better.
Thanks.

Perhaps, but you don't hear me whining about the other side being meanies, do ya? Deal with the issues and don't sweat the tone. It's a P&R forum- even generally nice people will get their blood pressure up from time to time with these topics, so why go crying to mommy about it? Put on the big boy pants and debate the issues.

Hey DTE, I think buzzkill was responding to the post above yours.
Those of us who hang out here (not that you see very much of me) have a nice sort of love-hate towards each other. The jargong can sound kind of harsh now and then but I think it's usually tounge-in-cheek (at least among those of us who can remain civil). I mean you aren't offended if I call you a cold-hearted facist, and I don't get offended when you call me a bleedy hearted ivory tower liberal. I suppose it's a question of familiarity.
Still, I wasn't going to respond in this thread based on the title, it was indeed somewhat over the top. It's fixed now so lets just drop it and get on.

I should have quoted the quote from darkling. Wasn't directed at you, killer.

But what happens when EVERY SINGLE politician is less than acceptable? I am not an american but i only remember the last 2 elections, Bush versus Kerry and McCain versus Obama, all shit choices.

And i dont know about american politics but in australian politics there is group think atleast in the labor side and cannot do what the rest of the party doesnt want. And on the liberal side there is nothing but ass hats. Seriously Tony Abbot for prime minister? Not that Julia is any better but damn!

It certainly seems like the crap just floats to the top in politics, but you're just talking about the presidential candidates. There are 535 other legislators in the upper echelon of American politics, with hundreds more at the state and local level. If someone REALLY wants to get involved in their lives, politically - aside from actually entering politics - then you have to start local. People go to the polls once every four years, feel really good about themselves for two days after they vote, lose interest and stop paying attention, and then cry because "nothing ever changes." There have already been 3(?) votes in my district this year, and I've made it to all of them, even when it's for city government (especially when it's for city government).

It certainly seems like the crap just floats to the top in politics, but you're just talking about the presidential candidates. There are 535 other legislators in the upper echelon of American politics, with hundreds more at the state and local level. If someone REALLY wants to get involved in their lives, politically - aside from actually entering politics - then you have to start local. People go to the polls once every four years, feel really good about themselves for two days after they vote, lose interest and stop paying attention, and then cry because "nothing ever changes." There have already been 3(?) votes in my district this year, and I've made it to all of them, even when it's for city government (especially when it's for city government).
I'm not quite that good about voting, but I do make a point to hit the polls whenever state or national seats are involved even if the situation is hopeless for "my" candidate. My local political scene is a little pointless--the city (which is using the term VERY generously) votes about 80% democrat and the surrounding counties vote about 80% republican. Most of the time, there are no primaries needed, many officials from both parties run unopposed, and the results are pretty much foregone conclusions. I've missed a few of those.

I do wonder sometimes if the Euros are actually doing something right, though. When you've only got two parties, the only way for them to differentiate is to move toward the edges. Compound that with the peoples' insatiable desire for change (partially fueled by both parties, which have to insist that where we're at is total crap and change is necessary, even if "here" happens to be fairly decent) and the parties get rewarded for being radically different--further promoting a move to the edges. With the Euro multi-party system, the main parties can be centrist, using their associations to define their general direction. So a party can be pro-environment by hooking up with the Greens, without being forced to actually go enviro-nutjob. A party could be hawkish by bloc-ing up with some nationalist group without having to be wacked-out imperialists. Ultimately, the main groups get to stay in the middle and "people of the fringes" still get a home of their own and at least a little tug on policy.

It's a play on "democrat", Alrik. Contains both "dim" and "crap", so it seems to convey his opinion fairly well, if rather lacking in social graces.

edit- one might say that the democrats generally live in fantasy realms, so perhaps you're on to something. ;)

Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation. :) ;)

Back
Top Bottom