Might & Magic X - Post-launch Patch Details

Level 40 cannot be reached at all atm. Guess the achievement is a relict from before they adjusted the XP system which was changed quite a lot since Early access.
Maybe it's possible after the next patch with the new dungeons. But anyways, all relevant skills are maxed out at the end of the game anyways and as you said - there isn't much of a challenge anymore.

Balancing is not a strong point of this game unfortunately.

I don't quite agree. I'm a Min-Max kind of a guy, so by the time I hit level 20 or so I started to Steam Roll. Had a pretty decent fight up until then though. I love it when a plan comes together, and suddenly you start having an easier time. The alternative would be things like level scaling, which I loathe, so no thanks. I would't have a problem with a higher difficuly setting for people like Kordanor though, so you can keep your challenge up. But as it is now, IF you've got a grasp of the systems you can build some really powerful character combos. If you HAVE to play like that, it would be less fun for many of us. I like to find every artifact, kill every monster etc. This will (hopefully) always make the end game a bit trivial, but that's part of the fun.

I am pretty sure that there are no race exclusive dungeons. But I don't remember anymore who sent me to Sudgerd. Reached 34 in the end doing absolutely everything and having two companions with +% XP most of the time (didn't know they don't stack).

I don't quite agree. I'm a Min-Max kind of a guy, so by the time I hit level 20 or so I started to Steam Roll. Had a pretty decent fight up until then though. I love it when a plan comes together, and suddenly you start having an easier time. The alternative would be things like level scaling, which I loathe, so no thanks. I would't have a problem with a higher difficuly setting for people like Kordanor though, so you can keep your challenge up.

In genaral I agree. But M&M just has too many mechanics which are unbalanced.
The best example are the weapon "enchantments". They are all complete garbage compared to "gives you a second attack". This enchantment essentially gives you an additional group member.

And the dagger skill is so strong that you can basically mow down all opponents with one or two attacks max.

It's nice when all things come nicely together. But in M&M they increase your strength almost exponentially. Much like in Skyrim where at a point you start killing dragons with a couple of hits and it becomes a sightseeing tour.

I tried having both of them but noticed myself they didn't stack. Kept one with me the entire game though. I though I read somwhere that Sudgerd was only for dwarves, but maybe that was regarding the quest to restore the flame. Too bad, I was hoping I had at least one unexplored dungeon ahead of me in the next game (I though there was an Orc one).

In genaral I agree. But M&M just has too many mechanics which are unbalanced.
The best example are the weapon "enchantments". They are all complete garbage compared to "gives you a second attack". This enchantment essentially gives you an additional group member.

And the dagger skill is so strong that you can basically mow down all opponents with one or two attacks max.

It's nice when all things come nicely together. But in M&M they increase your strength almost exponentially. Much like in Skyrim where at a point you start killing dragons with a couple of hits and it becomes a sightseeing tour.

But MM has always been like that. You hit Grandmaster? Congratulations, you're now officially a monster machine. I don't want "meh" effects when I reach GM, I want to feel powerful. And I never found any weapons with an extra attack, that sounds pretty good though… And the GM dagger trainer isn't available until the Terror dungeon, so that's a long wait to get stupidly powerful. It should be worth it.

The beginning of these games are always the hard part, when you play them like we do that's a (to me) plus. I want to struggle when I'm low level, and die. Lots of times. Then the feeling is so much sweeter when you're high leveled and practically invulnerable. In MMX your still nowhere near as Godlike as you were in earlier iterations. Armageddon anyone? Now that's a GM spell to die for (Or kill with…). Or how about flying around tossing meteor showers. Good times.

Ok, maybe you would think different if you found these weapons. ;)
My Blademaster had a Dagger with that proc (=3+3 attacky by grandmaster dagger + 1 OH attack by Grandmaster Dual wield + 3 attacks by ONE dagger enchantment = 10 attacks and 10 times the +damage you have on your armor). Would have been 4 more if I found another dagger.

My barbarian is GM 2H and GM Mace. And you know what he fought with the entire game? With a 1H mace. It also had this enchantment and was stronger than any 2H weapon I could find.

I tried having both of them but noticed myself they didn't stack. Kept one with me the entire game though. I though I read somwhere that Sudgerd was only for dwarves, but maybe that was regarding the quest to restore the flame. Too bad, I was hoping I had at least one unexplored dungeon ahead of me in the next game (I though there was an Orc one).

Did you unlock the one for ubisoft points? It's a rather short one though. Still a nice addition.

If you have the four races, you can enter everywhere. Each race has at least one exclusive IIRC.

By far my most powerful character is the rune priest. He crits for over 3000 damage and since he's master or gm of arcane focus, he crits all the time. If anything survives the fire rune, they meet fireburst or fireblast and die. I could let the rest of the party die except for their meat shield status :)

This is on adventurer though. Maybe in warrior the monster have higher fire resist stats.

I never found items that powerful, just used the relics. Never found any orbs that increased critical chance, and no weapons with extra attacks. They sound slightly unbalanced yes. Plus 1 attack? Yes. Plus 1 full melee attack? A bit much…

Is it possible to beat the final boss without the sigil when you're dealing that kind if damage? Or is he invulnerable?

Yes, played on warrior. It's challenging during the early access region, first 10h or so. Then you start to progress faster than the content does around you while you still encounter regions were you get completely smashed. But once you are about 1/2 to 2/3 through it's extremely easy.
But only if you understand the systems and can plan ahead. If you gimp your characters and have a hard time to get the upper hand it can become bad. There are actually some players on the forum who have a hard time to move on. I have read one thread of a guy who used tons of potions for each fight and finally ran out of money to buy new potions. He got stuck.
But normally you should be able to adjust. It won't become easy then but most probably doable in some way.

I mean there is one dude who is actually soloing the game with only one character (he keeps the other 3 ones dead). While the first hours must have been a complete load/save disaster, after that point on it seems to work well, if you know what you are doing. As I said, the balancing isn't the strong point.

I mentioned earlier that tanks are pointless - because they have tons of HP and Armor but can't use it. The damage just spreads and everyone excepts the tank dies.
The dude who is soloing uses this as advantage. He is using a paladin, equipped him with armor which deals damage to the attacker and just "waits" until the opponents kill themselves. The only problems will be damage races, but even that should be doable once you got past the first one at the forge of elements (and he already did that).

@Kordanor

If I know the mechanics of a game deep enough or have played a game at least once then I can exploit most of them.
But why should I do that?

I played so many CRPGs in my life that most of them are way too easy for me now.
I made a sport of it to play with non perfect, exotic parties and try to finish the games with them. Often this is a lot of fun and very rewarding.
You can say: I've beaten the game with these losers (in the beginning) and trained them to heroes.

Back
Top Bottom