Risen The Risen Test

Wulf

Inquisitor
On the World of Risen Web site, foobar has translated the 'Risen Test' by Don-Esteban from German to English.

*This is a comprehensive and detailed review. Skip the sections you don't wish to read, some are slightly spoilerish*

Risen Test: 1. Gameplay
Risen Test: 2. Story
Risen Test: 3. Interface
Risen Test: 4. Combat
Risen Test: 5. Statements
Risen Test: 6. Technical

http://www.worldofrisen.de/english/article_263.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Wulf.

I'm particularly interested in the technical part at the moment... all this time I've only been paying attention to the content of the game, and suddenly I realised that I should probably be worried about how my rig will (hopefully) handle this game. Heh.

The more I read about this soon to be classic masterpiece the more anxious I become about its release.

I'll stop reading about all the different things that are posted because I don't want to spoil what is yet to come!

Nonetheless, thanks for the link Wulf. ;)

Thanks for the link, Wulf. I found the technical part really helpful, as it shows the game running mostly on a single core—which is what I have on my older machine, though it does have a little hyperthreading. I'm more hopeful now my rig may run the game as it doesn't seem to be optimized for more than two cores. I'll have to try get a hold of the demo first, though.

Theft is only noticed if they see you doing it. You won't be automatically suspected after a certain number of thefts.

Yes!

Hm, and do I understand it correctly, that some characters have different names in the English and German language versions? If so, then, wow, we are going to have some fun on the forums:

English version player: "Where can I find X?"
German players: "Whom?"
;)

Anyways, this whole article is very enlightening.

(Oh, and I just learned today that I'll have to wait until the 16th for the release in my country. Gah!)

As a typical Piranha Bytes game, RISEN does not impede you with a character generation.
Impede????

Oh wow, those weather shots are GREAT!!

Impede????

Translation quirk. I think "burden" would be a better substitute. Then again, the entire idea of sentence should be revised because it assumes character generation is a negative activity one wants to avoid. A simple declarative statement like "Risen does not begin with a character creation phase", would suffice.

Back
Top Bottom