DirectX 11.2 an Xbox One and Windows 8.1 Exclusive

Drithius

Magic & Loss
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/DirectX-11.2-Tiled-Resources-Xbox,23322.html

DirectX 11.2 promises to bring a host of new features such as the new "Tiled Resources" technique that will (unsurprisingly) be exclusive to the Xbox One and Windows 8.1.

It backfired on Microsoft when they tried forcing people into Vista with DX10 and I don't see this latest development winning them any favors this time around. It's astonishing how repulsive the company's business policies are getting. Linux never looked so good.

Does The Witcher 3 need DX11.2 to run?
No?
Will it need it?
No?

Win7 never looked so good. ;)

It's just a business move to make users buy Win 8. I doubt many games will even use it on the PC. Anyways I'm fine with win 7 till I'm forced to update.

Well, I hope DX 9 will die with the new consoles… moving up to dx 11.1 would be one huge move up… maybe in another 10 years DX 11.2 will become standard.

I'm fairly out of touch with computer graphics but has there been anything exiting added since shaders were introduced?

I'm fairly out of touch with computer graphics but has there been anything exiting added since shaders were introduced?
Tesselation (DX11) can make for a pretty noticeable improvement in games, if The Secret World is any indicator.

DrKoin_picture001.jpg

Tesselation (DX11) can make for a pretty noticeable improvement in games, if The Secret World is any indicator.
Hehe, I thought interpolation was an ancient tech!? It adds vertexes to smooth out the surface? Wasn't this covered with bump/normal mapping?

It's just a business move to make users buy Win 8.

Win 8 or Win 8.1 ?

Like Directx 1 was only a business move to make users buy Win95 - instead of OS/2.

That's how I see it, at least.

Win 8 or Win 8.1 ?

Like Directx 1 was only a business move to make users buy Win95 - instead of OS/2.

That's how I see it, at least.
There the same with just minor upgrades. But yes you get the idea. Its just another business move that shows Microsoft lost touch with their users.

It wont be the last bad decision either.:)

With the extreme popularity of high end PC games, which Microsoft has really helped foster over the years, I really don't see why anyone would not make the IMMEDIATE jump to Windows 8.1 RIGHT NOW.

Back
Top Bottom