Spellborn - Free to Play through Acclaim

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Acclaim has announced they will be releasing Spellborn in NA, using a free-to-play, buy-premium-content model:
US Publisher for The Chronicles of Spellborn

– Acclaim will publish TCoS in North America –

Berlin, 2008/08/19: Frogster and the Dutch developer Spellborn are pleased to announce Acclaim Games as US publisher for The Chronicles of Spellborn. The renowned and tradition-steeped American company lead by industry veterans Howard Marks and David Perry has licensed the fantasy MMORPG as their focus title. Acclaim already has almost seven million registered users within their portfolio of currently five online games and is committed to start a large-scale marketing campaign until its launch in late 2008. Acclaim will give North American players a free-to-play zone while subscribers will be able to explore the entire virtual world.

David Perry is regarded as computer games developer guru, responsible for a number of blockbusters in the past 25 years. Having founded the developer studio Shiny Entertainment in 1993 he is one of the few internationally prominent masterminds of the games industry. His partner Howard Marks had been one of the co-founders of the new Activision in 1991, before he became owner of Acclaim in 2005.

Personally, David Perry is very excited about ‚TCoS’. “My poor old gaming PC is literally peppered with games in every conceivable language, and I’ve just kept playing, patiently waiting for that WHOA! moment. We’re tracking over 400 MMO’s around the world but the game that finally got us there is Spellborn. When we saw it running, our jaws literally dropped to the floor. This MMO is absolutely stunning, using the graphics engine from my friends over at Epic. We have millions of gamers that will be anxious to experience this amazing new game for free” comments David Perry, the USA Director for Spellborn on the successful deal.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom