The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A site called T4Mag talks about the impressive visuals in The Witcher 3.

CD Projekt Red, the team behind the Witcher 3, believes that the game will take over a 100 hours to complete – half of which will be on the main mission alone. But, what’s more impressive is how the team were able to drastically push the graphics on current generation of consoles along with a marked increase in the size of the game environment. With a world that big, fast travel will be making its way since transport can be essential and you can expect to ride horses or take a sailboat alternatively to traverse its many swamps and villages.
Next DSOGaming has information The Witcher 3 won’t have branching stories, grid-based inventory, and my favorite no auto-scaling for monsters.

CD Projekt RED has unveiled some new interesting details about its upcoming highly anticipated RPG, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. According to the company’s community managers, Marcin and Tadek, The Witcher 3 will not feature auto-scaling for monsters, meaning that players can face enemies that may very well kill them in their first hours if they wander to really dangerous places.
And for last I found news about a new Witcher film.

Although there’s already been a film based on the book, there hasn’t been a Witcher film since the video games propelled the IP to international acclaim. That’s going to change over the next year, with news out of the Oscar nominated animator Tomasz Bagiński is working on an adaptation.
More information.

Last edited:
To make things clear: CD Projekt RED is NOT doing a Witcher film nor funding it - at least there is no information about it. This movie is a project of Bagiński and his own studio Platige Image, which is responsible for cinematics in Witcher games.

Thanks for the correction though we have a thing called private messaging.

Use it in the future please as I don't always check replies.;)

"The Witcher 3 won’t have branching stories"

Did any of the Witcher games have truly branching stories? Can't say anything about Witcher 2, but can't remember anything like that in the first Witcher games.

Ok, I'll remember. ;)

btw, here in Poland many people speculated about an animated film (like cinematics in Witchers), but yesterday Platige Image confirmed on their FB that they're going to do a film with actors.

"The Witcher 3 won’t have branching stories"

Did any of the Witcher games have truly branching stories? Can't say anything about Witcher 2, but can't remember anything like that in the first Witcher games.

Did you play it several times then, and took difference choices? Otherwise there's no way you could know.

But yes they had branching stories, the developers said it was hell to create for TW2, and i also agree with them that its kind of a waste, people doesnt even realise they're there unless they play the game several times (and decide to go for another option). TW2 even had a whole other area depending on your decision, if i remember correctly, not sure if TW1 had that.

I just started the witcher 2. At first I was slightly disappointed, after so many years waiting I had very high expectations. Now I'm starting to enjoy it a lot, and it's very nice to look at sometimes

Edit. Sorry wrong thread I guess

Last edited:
Did you play it several times then, and took difference choices? Otherwise there's no way you could know.

But yes they had branching stories, the developers said it was hell to create for TW2, and i also agree with them that its kind of a waste, people doesnt even realise they're there unless they play the game several times (and decide to go for another option). TW2 even had a whole other area depending on your decision, if i remember correctly, not sure if TW1 had that.

Sorry, forgot to answer. Perhaps you'll see it.

Yes, I did play the first several times. The choices added flavour, mostly. The storyline remained just as linear. That is hardly a branching story.

Like I said, dunno about Witcher 2. Still need a better PC for that...

Yeah branching story is a waste of resources, because a lot of players will never see it and on top of that a lot of players want to make the same choices and side with the same guys over and over again, they don't want to change it.... in a large open world they can have C&C without branching storyline so a good choice!

Yeah branching story is a waste of resources, because a lot of players will never see it and on top of that a lot of players want to make the same choices and side with the same guys over and over again, they don't want to change it…. in a large open world they can have C&C without branching storyline so a good choice!

I'll never get that line of thinking, coming from a gamer (I guess). How is it good (for a gamer) to get much less for you money? Because a lot of players will never see it? Only because they have been educated to play games only once, because well, let's face it, most games don't have branching storylines so there's no need to revisit them. A branching storyline can add MUCH more to a gaming experience - it can add reactivity in a way that a linear story simply can't. It can offer a variety of perspectives when played several times, of the same conflict, situation, personas, IF done right. To say they are a waste of resources shows a terrible lack of imagination (sorry if that sounds harsh). The design approach is different and the amount of additional work is huge, so the game should be designed around the idea that showing different perspectives is worthwhile and a huge part of the gaming experience. I can only imagine what that can do to an open world, so no grudge on my part when it comes to Witcher 3. Although some C&C (which don't really exist without some form of branching) would have been much appreciated.

I'm with GG in this one. The problem is that to enjoy the other branch you have to play through >70% of the same.

I actually do like branching and non linearity well enough. I just think the huge time and money spent on it can bring much more enhancement to the other parts of a game

I like branching stories but I don't care either way really. A good story with one ending or multiple - doesn't matter as long as they are good. I really enjoyed some of the endings in DAO and MoTB but as long as their is the illusion of some C&C I am fairly content. It also depends on the game style - the more open world it is the less I worry about different endings and CC. The difference with the witcher 3 is that you can't make your own character - which to me is a HUGE detraction ... but I enjoyed the ME games with Shepherd so even though I could not get into W1 and W2 I plan on playing W3 as it looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom