Will PC Games Trump XBox 360, Playstation3 & Wii?@ Digital Trends

@fatBastard(): Out of interest: What are the specs of your pc? Because Sacred2 runs fine on mine.

I dunno - Sacred 2 ran smooth as silk on my older PC laptop, which means it is equal to an even older PC.

I have a Intel Duo2 E6600 CPU, 2 x 1 GB PC10000 Memory, a nVidia 8800GTS 320 Mb version (my 19'' screen is made for 1280x1024 so I never go beyond that resolution) and running on Windows XP.

In Sacred 2 I have textures on high, shadows on low and the rest somewhere in the middle with the terrain details slider around 25%. In the dessert and most places in sunshine the game runs along fine but when it begins to rain it slows down and the lizard swamp area is particularly bad. The swirling fog creature (Miasma something) in the swamp turned the game into a slide show and I had a devil of a time targeting anything and ended up winning the encounters with my nether allegiance summons and skeleton towers.

I also noticed that one of the Temple Guardian's buffs slows the game down considerably when active, though I have merely glanced at each of the characters besides my Shadow Warrior.

Back
Top Bottom