E.Y.E - Delayed, New Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Remember E.Y.E.? A Source-powered FPS/RPG from Streum om Studio? I barely did, either. Seems the game has been delayed to add new chapters but they've whipped up some screens in the meantime. Here's the message from their site:
E.Y.E's release is delayed to an indeterminate date - we hope before the end of the year - in order to add 3 new chapters, new enemies, new researches and new secondary missions. But before all to balance these new features the best we can.
There are now more than 50 technology researches, 26 artifacts to find and over 120 secondary quests.
More information.

This game sounds really good and I had never heard of it until today. From what I have read on their site it sounds like Deus Ex except there are some things that sound better then Deus Ex. Also it has a Cthulu style psychological trauma system. You will lose mental points for experiencing physical and psychological trauma and will have a mental breakdown with various effects if you lose too many points.

It is well worth reading about the gameplay features and looking at the brilliant art design for this game. Depending on how well the gameplay features are implemented, they have designed a deus ex/warhammer 40 k with touches of Cthulhu hybrid game that could be what Deus Ex fans have been waiting for.

We shall see how good the plot, dialogues, C&C, and multiple solution paths play out. But from the gameworld history description and design philosophy we have much reason to believe. Can it even be an RPG worthy of a Deus Ex heritage?

Back
Top Bottom