Fable 3 - PC Version Hints?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A few questions:
1) Didn't Microsoft/Lionhead run through this same little charade with Fable II?
2) Didn't Fable II ultimately end up never appearing on the PC?
3) Didn't the PC community end up not caring?

Meh, don't care either way, but releasing it without Fable 2 would seem.. strange.

A few questions:
1) Didn't Microsoft/Lionhead run through this same little charade with Fable II?
2) Didn't Fable II ultimately end up never appearing on the PC?
3) Didn't the PC community end up not caring?

Not caring.
People are still asking for F2 on PC over at Lionhead.

I think its coming since Peter hinted back around the Time of GDC he wanted to see Fable 3 on PC.

Along with the Job Posting that appeared for Cross Platform Networking

well.
i dont mind.
its not a big loss for the pc gaming if thers no fable anymore...

Fable 2 and Halo 3 are the only games that made me think about grabbing myself an XBox 360. That is ironic. I tend to be openminded about trying sequels, which is the only reason for me to do this, but truth is that I thought Fable 1 and Halo 2/3 mostly sucked.

Isn't the PC the dominant platform for RPG's? I guess F3 and a few other RPG's have sold well on consoles, but....

Without Fable 2 it is pointless. I liked the original, it had plenty of nice ideas, but lacked depth here and there. I find it a little strange, that such a (used to be) creative guy like Molyneux, who always stretched the limits of the current PC generations, is now working within the boundaries of the even more limited consoles.

- Hey, and put in this, and that, and...!!!
- Sorry, Peter, we just have 256 MB RAM. Not more, not less.

srabuseen
(used to be) creative guy
That's probably the key. The old adage, "thy protest too much" seems to fit. He doesn't protest for noble causes or to benefit most or all, only for personal gain. It's always how great his ideas are and how he can/will do the impossible, sound like he is compensating for something.

I vote, don't believe it and who cares.

Well, this might have broader implications. Fable III is one of the games that will be using the new Natal controller and Molyneux is a big backer of the project. There have been some hints that Natal will be coming to PC as well as XBox. If Fable III is headed for PC then that's another hint of Natal coming to PC as well.

Yeah, I saw an article saying that, too. Doesn't it strike you as a bit odd that the only person saying Natal will come to PC is the ex-CEO? I guess we'll know for sure come E3.

They could probably set it to accept movement like you are moving a mouse or typing on a keyboard so that you don't have to have a keyboard or mouse.

Interestingly, Fable 1 is STILL not lowered in its price below 15 Euros. After all of these years … I'm speaking of the PC version … Some games are lowered to 10 Euros about 2 years after their release … KOTOR is a similar case 40 Euros even nowadays ! - new, I mean, PC version) by the way. And Jedi Academy never reached this price, because it was NEVER issued as a low-price product …

Interestingly, Fable 1 is STILL not lowered in its price below 15 Euros. After all of these years … I'm speaking of the PC version … Some games are lowered to 10 Euros about 2 years after their release … KOTOR is a similar case 40 Euros even nowadays ! - new, I mean, PC version) by the way. And Jedi Academy never reached this price, because it was NEVER issued as a low-price product …
actually it not that much
http://www.123pricecheck.com/Product-300703/B000AC59ZO-Fable+The+Lost+Chapters.html

Jedi academy and KOTOR are both only a few quid on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom