Ghost of a Tale - Interview @ Rock Paper Shotgun

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Ghost of a Tale developer Lionel Gallat, who is currently running a campaign on IndieGoGo, has been interviewed by Rock paper Shotgun.
RPS: Let’s talk in a bit more detail about the game. What sort of game is it going to be, and what can we expect from it?
Gallat: You play as a little mouse. This mouse gets to an island and this island is populated by undead rats. Something has happened on the island that is not normal. You came to the island for a reason, though, and you have a quest, which is to get to the tower of Periclave, which is the name of the island itself. That’s the underlying struggle. When you get to the island you start to discover what had happened there, and why it happened. I think it will not be too much of a spoiler if I say you are going to meet a ghost. You are going to help him, somehow. It’s really about exploration, about discovering things, and it is not at all focused on combat. In the alpha trailer there is a moment where you get some kind of a weapon and start whacking at the rats, and that was fun to do, but it does not reflect the gameplay that I have in mind. It is about stealth. The mouse is not powerful at all, and it is engaged in a very dangerous adventure, it is perilous, and so it is really a game about exploiting this fact, not about fighting through enemies that are twice your size.
RPS: Can you talk about those gameplay mechanic ideas at all?
Gallat: Well there will be puzzles in the sense that you need to find your way through the island. There will be some mechanics and mechanisms which involve discovering things that are not of use at first sight, but when you look, really look, you find out their purpose. There is also going to be a good deal of stealth, and avoiding of confronting enemies directly, because that is not going to work. Indirect methods of confronting enemies will be important. We will have quests and objectives of course, but I think of it more like an adventure than like a Dark Souls or something.
More information.

The trend I've seen is that crowdsourcing projects need to be at around 80% of the way there with three days to go. This one's falling a bit short, unfortunately.

I love the design and the idea with a terrified mouse fighting its way.
the graphics are really grand also! i hope it'll get funded

Back
Top Bottom