Worlds of Magic

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Wastelands Interactive Worlds of Magic will be a genuine spiritual successor of Simtex’s 4X Master of Magic. That quote right there got my interest.

With AOW 3 and now this I might be dreaming.:)

D20 System – Units, Spells and Heroes will all draw from the D20 rule set during the battles.
4X deep playability – Explore, exploit, expand and exterminate in a world of magic, diplomacy, and war.
Hero Units – Recruit heroes to lead your forces into battle.
Twelve Spell Circles – Focus on depth in a single school, or gain the ability to cast incredibly diverse spells.
Unique Races – Each race offers the ability to create exclusive units, with peculiarities, weaknesses and strenghts, but also balanced.
Settle Powerful Cities – Control production, research and even magical power, in order to create powerful armies.
Multiple victory conditions – War is not the only way to conquer the world; make treaties, establish trade routes or use peace as a tool for domination.

Leszek Lisowski, Director of Wastelands Interactive, has this to say:

“Worlds of Magic is the game we always wanted to make, a true recreation of Master of Magic. For all the years in game development creating such game was my dream. When we have meet with Aaron and realized that we have got similar idea and destination I knew this gonna be something special. We will do our best and work hard to make a game which will give the 90′s feeling in terms of gameplay but in an appropriate presentation.”

Link-http://www.wastelands-interactive.com/index.php/games/worlds-of-magic

Last edited:
If by unique races I get halflings instead of hobbits and vice versa again, that game won't go on my shelf.

Sounds fantastic if there's multiplayer... If not, then I have no interest - unfortunately.

I can't find anything interesting about competing against a scripted AI in a strategy game. That's hollow and boring.

Sounds fantastic if there's multiplayer… If not, then I have no interest - unfortunately.

I can't find anything interesting about competing against a scripted AI in a strategy game. That's hollow and boring.

Well I prefer to play agaisnt the AI. To each there own as they say.:)

Never touched multiplayer in any strategy game I played. Probably explains why most new strategy games are turning F2P or online dependent with no more sp campaigns.

Sounds very ambitious and very interesting! This is on my watch list. Random maps against AIs would be fine ala Master of Magic. Scenarios with stories would be ok too. Multiplayer for this kind of game never appealed to me.

Interesting! Fingers crossed they can recreate some of the magic. I'm quite enjoying elemental fallen enchantress at the moment, but it's missing a few things (units aren't different enough across different races, no crafting etc).

Back
Top Bottom