Dungeons of Dredmor - Preview @ TGSource

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
TGSource has a preview for the roguelike title Dungeons of Dredmor. The article gives you a sneak peek into what makes this game both appealing to hardcore roguelike vets as well as people who are new to the genre. Here is a snippet:
After only a few more tries, and a few more dead adventurers, I finally started to figure it out, and was soon marching through the halls, slaying diggles left and right (little squeaky bastards). Make no mistake, Dredmor is not a “simple” roguelike. Unlike many roguelikes though – and besides the aforementioned clickable interface – it boasts beautiful, hand-drawn graphics: your character stomping around not unlike a Mr. Threepwood, spells causing bursts of smoke and flame, creatures of all sizes, shapes, and colors shambling towards you. The effort put into the art of the game is astonishing, and one can tell that the project is truly a love-child of its creators.

Another area in which the game provides more than the standard roguelike experience is in its humor. With every item and creature having an informative mouse-over entry, there is a good amount of text, and the developers took it upon themselves to make it worth your time to read it, if not only to inform you, but to get a good laugh or two as well from a bad pun or a witty, self-aware comment or a sudden, unexpected Mortal Kombat-style voice-over. Even the general atmosphere of the game blew my mind in its wackiness: wait, there is a god-shrine to the Lutefisk God?! And you’ll know you need better armor when you’re either constantly gobbling down one of the game’s 10 varieties of life-giving cheese or using a bucket or a safety-cone as a helmet.
Gaslamp Games also has a brand new website for Dungeons of Dredmor.
More information.

the only way this would achieve something, would be if it was ported on iphone
thumbs up for the Art dep.

I hope there will be a demo, I don't plan ever play another roguelike because I don't like much their general gameplay approach despite all the brilliance and depth the gameplay of some show. But I'd be curious to give this one a try.

I never thought I'd say this but this roguelike is starting to look like a firm maybe.

Back
Top Bottom