Worlds of Magic - Delayed To Q2 2014

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
DSO Gaming has the news that Worlds of Magic has been delayed, and shares a few screenshots.

Leszek Lisowski of Wastelands Interactive has shared with us some gorgeous and colorful new screenshots for Worlds of Magic, showcasing the game’s strategic map. In addition, Lisowski revealed that the game has been delayed to Q2 2014.

As Lisowski told us about the game’s strategic map:

“This more less represents the look of the prime material world in the game. We are still working on the details and more world features, as well as things like shaders, particles, roads and rivers.”

World of Magic is the spiritual successor to Master of Magic and promises to feature 6 factions to control, 80 military units (8 for each faction, plus over 30 roaming creatures), 300 marvelous spells, 12 spell circles, 7 planes, 10 leaders and a minimum of 45 special units: 25 Heroes, 15 Champions and 5 Titans.
More information.

Colorful screens, but totally uninspiring. At least could have retained some MOM shapes or colors.

Well can't please everyone.;) This game is still one of my must have games of next year. The only problem I see is that many games claim to be MOM successors, but fail to deliver in the end.

Master of Magic IIRC is not a phonegame.
And a phonegame claims to be a successor of it's AI. Right. The sky here is yellow, I'm sure you believe me.

Master of Magic IIRC is not a phonegame.
And a phonegame claims to be a successor of that.
Worlds of Magic is not a phone game Joxer. The developers are going to port the game after PC release. Once again you spout this nonsense without reading the facts on the kickstarter page.:rolleyes:

Well can't please everyone.;) This game is still one of my must have games of next year. The only problem I see is that many games claim to be MOM successors, but fail to deliver in the end.

At this point in time, those games are competing against our memory of MoM, which is like 200 times better than the game actually was, so no game can compete against that.

Worlds of Magic is not a phone game Joxer. The developers are going to port the game after PC release. Once again you spout this nonsense without reading the facts on the kickstarter page.:rolleyes:

Facts and that guy don't usually go together. Obviously the graphical processing of a "phone game" cannot produce decent ai;)

You know, everyone jumps on Joxer for his fanatical opposition to "phone games" — and perhaps his stance is a bit arbitrary — but it's not completely without merit, either. Graphics aside, I suppose a truly good game could be written for a phone, but I have yet to see it. While this game and others will be ported to mobile operating systems after completion, it clearly does have an effect on design decisions. Shadowrun Returns is an example. While I know it is pretty popular around here, I found it to be an "RPG lite," with its checkpoint saves, limited campaign, basic combat and rudimentary character development. Just reading the "help" screens in SR, you can almost hear the developers screaming, "We wrote this with touchscreens and limited storage in mind!" Touchscreens do have unavoidable limitations, which I am experiencing right now while posting this, just as a console's controller is limiting. To date, there is no matching the functionality of a keyboard and mouse.

I think a truly great RPG probably could be written for touchscreens, but I have yet to see anyone go to the trouble of actually doing it.

You know, everyone jumps on Joxer for his fanatical opposition to "phone games"
Not everyone, cmon. Perhaps they think I'll change, but I won't. Not till some future SoC gets the power of the modern PC.

I think a truly great RPG probably could be written for touchscreens, but I have yet to see anyone go to the trouble of actually doing it.

Square Enix did it already - Chaos Rings 2.
It's jRPG, which means grind, grind, grind. However, there is a certain thing they've added - an (item though) ability to avoid "random encounters", so you're practically able to explore areas without having to fight hordes and hordes of the same mobs. And the story is definetly unique, from confusion, through depression to optimism. Choices you'll have to take do matter and while some have small impact on the game progress, some are gamechanging.

I'm aware it's not a cheap game, but it's worth every penny. It's so good that if they ever port it to PC, I'll buy that version too.

You may say, hell, if the cretin, me, found a great RPG on touchscreens, then what's my bloody problem with KS (seems it made me a stalker or two)? The problem is that 99.999999999% of phonegames are fraudthemintobuyingcrap then run. To me so far every single KS project about/with phonegames looks exactly like that. Con them into hoping for something great, take the money and run. That includes this game.

And why shouldn't I say what and why I didn't back? It's simply a feedback. Some devs who start KS project will maybe take it into consideration, some will ignore. But it's there. No matter how scandalous it sounds to some.

Last edited:
I don't generally play JRPGs. :p

I mentioned touchscreens being the primary limiting factor, but I suppose price point is an important one, too -- what people are currently willing to pay for a mobile game affecting how much effort a developer can afford to put into a mobile game. Whatever the reasons, developing for mobile clearly has a negative impact on design decisions, as I judge them.

I don't generally play JRPGs. :p
Neither do I, honestly.
The reason is obvious. I can't stand grinding. ;)
But in this case... They made a game that will appeal to both sides.

Not everyone, cmon. Perhaps they think I'll change, but I won't. Not till some future SoC gets the power of the modern PC.

You may say, hell, if the cretin, me, found a great RPG on touchscreens, then what's my bloody problem with KS (seems it made me a stalker or two)? The problem is that 99.999999999% of phonegames are fraudthemintobuyingcrap then run. To me so far every single KS project about/with phonegames looks exactly like that. Con them into hoping for something great, take the money and run. That includes this game.

This is a good point, and echoes my sentiments about most KS or Early Access projects (not just mobile/touchscreen games). I'm still looking for the pot at the end of the rainbow, but nothing has truly come to fruition just yet. There are some definite hopefuls, but the vast majority are looking really bad and/or are riddled with (major) developer setbacks and excuses. Having spent many years in game development, I didn't see how these grand promises at the beginning could possibly be delivered upon; either the timeframe, budget, or scope seemed -at best- exceptionally ambitious or -at worst- misleading.
That said, I've still jumped on the KS/Early Access wagon more than once, and hopefully I've backed strong horses.

At this point in time, those games are competing against our memory of MoM, which is like 200 times better than the game actually was, so no game can compete against that.
Can't deny the truth here I agree with you. It's those damn rose tinted goggles that I can't get rid of. I'm sure this happens to many older gamers.
You know, everyone jumps on Joxer for his fanatical opposition to "phone games" — and perhaps his stance is a bit arbitrary — but it's not completely without merit, either. .
No one is jumping on Joxer here it's just he has a habit of pulling facts out of thin air. I find his arguments amusing, but they also get irritating easily.

Back
Top Bottom