Deathfire - Plan B Cancelled

As someone who backed both of your Kickstarter, I can't be angrier at all the people who complain constantly about the state of RPGs in the mainstream(but didn't back this) and all those that did back the early Kickstarter games like Torment, Wasteland and Eternity, but couldn't be bothered to help out the current crop of great looking RPGs on KS.

Shame on all of us. I really thought things were changing when those earlier RPGs got funded, I saw a return of classic RPGs. But, it was no more than a burp rather than a roar. I'll point out this and all the other great, failed KS RPG projects as to why old RPG gamers deserve the industry they have for not putting their money where their mouth it.

We failed Mr. Henkel and his team, but we also failed ourselves.

I'm sorry about the cancellation of a game I wanted to play, but I'm more sorry about all the wasted time and effort in the two kickstarters. I can only try to guess the disappointment in all those involved right now.

I respect the fact that they did these projections and chose not to take people's money for a game they no longer honestly felt could be brought to fruition. There are enough black eyes out there for crowdfunding projects; it's nice to see a company with integrity.

Guido and his team as pfofessionals have probably gotten their share of cancelled projects, but when you pour so much heart and soul into your dream project and it just won't be made… I can only offer my sympathy. It won't be easy to recover from such fall, but time heals and you just have to do it better next time.

This kickstarter didn't deserve to fail. Aside the intro video (which they improved quite fast), there weren't any major problems. The presentation and the concept were both rock solid. If someone wanted to judge if this game was worth of making, they had all the info available. Heck most publisher pitchs aren't likely this detailed.

Maybe Corwin is right. This time of year isn't probably the easiest for kickstarters, but then again I don't have statics at hand to see if it is really so. The second problem was definitely the lack of press coverage. It seems that gaming media has gotten more cynical and more conservative when it comes to informing their readers about promissing kickstarter projects.

I totally respect your decision though and wish you guys a merry christmas.

Last edited:
We failed Mr. Henkel and his team, but we also failed ourselves.

I can't sign this, because I put a lot of $$$ in many Kickstarters, Indiegogos, Paypal fundings over the last 3 years. In the years before I bought many Indie games (good ones AND not so good ones) to support Indie developers and I still do.

Really rather sad. Maybe we'll see Guido back in the industry at some larger company someday?

If Guido wants to make the RPG of his dreams, he needs to find an expert with the skills of a high-caliber movie producer, who can create a pitch that makes fans hearts race and hands itch for a good RPG battle!

NEED: Great intro, awesome music and STORY!

(Please avoid paper-cut characters (Chinese shadow theatre figures) zoomed and comic-book pages / sketches animated with flame effects.)

If Guido wants to make the RPG of his dreams, he needs to find an expert with the skills of a high-caliber movie producer, who can create a pitch that makes fans hearts race and hands itch for a good RPG battle!

NEED: Great intro, awesome music and STORY!

(Please avoid paper-cut characters (Chinese shadow theatre figures) zoomed and comic-book pages / sketches animated with flame effects.)
You say the same about every kickstater so I can't take what you say seriously. He did a good job as any other project. I wish him luck in any future project he does.;)

I came back from a longer business trip last week and one of the first things I wanted to do was raising my pledge for Deathfire... I even thought about creating a Paypal account...

Now I find this sad news.

Anyone tell me, that this is not true... :bigcry:

I can't sign this, because I put a lot of $$$ in many Kickstarters, Indiegogos, Paypal fundings over the last 3 years. In the years before I bought many Indie games (good ones AND not so good ones) to support Indie developers and I still do.

Child "A" and child "B" are both hungry. I fed child "A" so I don't feel so bad about child "B". Isn't there, like, osmosis where if I feed one, I feed them all?

Crap! I've been gone a week and this is the news I get back to. This was the most likely "proper" successor to RoA and M&M in development. I actually feel this project had a lot more potential than M&M X.

I really hope Guido keeps the assets, code, documentation and whatever else they've created so far, in case some sort of solution can be found. Whether it's created now or in a few years - this sort of thing is pretty much timeless, as it's not going to use mind blowing graphics anyway.

Back
Top Bottom